Truth

You pivot out of the way, punching him in the jaw. He huffs, spinning about to kick you in the head. You lean backwards, grabbing his leg and slinging him over your head, slamming him into the platform. He catches himself, swinging his leg and tossing you away. You tumble over the ground and nearly into the wall of fire. You try to get back up but he grabs the back of your shirt, tossing you into the pedestal. You cough, body twitching as you try to tell it to move.

"I'm impressed, you lasted longer than any one that has seeked me out." He breathes, approaching you. He kneels beside you, sword blade resting against your neck. "Any last words?" He asks softly. So this was it. You weren't going to save anyone after all. You wouldn't be doing anything amazing. You were going to die here, with nothing to your name really.

Tears come to your eyes as you meet his gaze. "I'm sorry... I really did love fire..." You sniff. He pauses with a frown, removing the blade from your neck.

"And fire loves you." He sighs, picking your head up and kissing your forehead, making a rainbow colored flame envelope you. It wasn't hot, or anything. In fact it kind of felt like a soft breeze. Your injuries stop hurting and your strength returns. When he pulls back, the fire disappears.

"Why..." You murmur, starting to sit up.

"Fire's nature is to be careless and passionate." He sighs. "I got to see how you really felt about it today. I was in the wrong." He looks down with a frown before standing up. "You have your fire back. And your wounds are healed. Don't give me a reason to take it all back." He climbs onto the pedestal, reverting back into the egg.

"Thank you Pax. I'll do my best." You breathe, touching the egg briefly before starting for the bridge as the fire dies down finally. Law rushes over to you, stopping short as he looks you over in confusion. "So we made up... I think he just wanted some company." You put your hands on your hips.

"Really? Who knew fire could be so selfish.." Sabo murmurs, handing you your things.

"I knew. We just dont like being vocal about it." You toss him a wink, putting your cloak and necklace back on. You pause, looking at the locket for a moment. "Hold on." You breathe going back to Pax. You touch the gem to the egg. "Let's keep in touch. Maybe that'll keep you from being lonely." You breathe. There's a ripple over the surface and the locket glows briefly. "Dont miss me too much." You smirk as you walk away. There's a huff just before you're tripped.

'Dont get cocky.' He scolds.

"Look who's talking." You huff, getting back up, glancing at the guys as they chuckle.

"Sun's almost down." Drake says checking his watch. "We should find a safe place to camp, wouldn't want to risk running into a Shadewing."

"Yeah, but where can we go here?" Sabo frowns. You look between them confused.

"What's that? A type of dragon?" You ask.

"They're of the dragon family, but they're beasts of black magic and can turn themselves invisible." Sabo informs.

"And they're highly territorial." Drake nods. You look between them before spotting gramps. He tilts his head before changing into his ghostly dragon form.

"We'll find a place, lets go." You breathe, going past and to the platforms. The dragon waits for everyone to get on the platforms before taking off. "Follow him." You breathe to Dogtooth. He nods before taking off after it. "Guys, cloaks." You tell them, trying to put one over you and Dogtooth but nothing happens.