Crocodile

You look at your hands, clenching them. "Can I break through this thing?" You look to gramps as he stood before you.

'I don't doubt it's possible. But it would take some reserved magic to break it yourself.' He states lightly.

"I can't stand this. I just lost fire and I have been powerless for three days. Another day is going to drive me mad." You grumble in annoyance, glancing around the forest.

'Then remove it.' He states. You close your eyes, hands moving over the band on your neck.

'Come on... Come on... I know you're there. I know you want free...' You think, focusing deep inside. 'I can feel you there. Swirling like a bottomless whirlpool.'

"Break it." You whisper, feeling a surge in response. "Come on. Break." You hiss, opening your eyes as a sound like glass breaking sounds. The ground around you bursts up forming a cocoon around you. You blink at the darkness and pause, reaching out and touching the earth, making it ease away from around you.

'Well done.' Gramps gives you a proud smirk, nodding in satisfaction.

"I've never witnessed anyone do that before. Yet I got to watch you do it twice." You freeze and look over your shoulder as Dogtooth drops down from his perch on a branch.

"Ah... How long have you been there?" You ask carefully.

"I was here first." He informs. You pale slightly and look away. "Who do you speak to when you're all alone? This isn't the first time I caught you... And I don't believe you're crazy since you're so secretive about it." His gaze pierces you curiously. You scratch your cheek before meeting his gaze.

"You seem to keep a secret too. Behind that scarf of yours." You respond lightly. He pauses touching it briefly before chuckling.

"Fair enough." He breathes. You shift, watching him for a bit.

"I... Was talking to my grandfather." You admit lightly, rubbing your neck. He blinks at that, watching you for a bit.

"So you can see the souls." He murmurs, coming closer. "Then you must be speaking to Zoro other times."

"Yeah... But usually he's wandering around getting lost." You smile a bit. "I still miss him though."

"You miss him hugging you." He guesses.

"Yeah... Sometimes a warm hug from certain people is really comforting. Even when you aren't aware that you need it." You shrug.

"Is that so?" He raises an eyebrow slightly.

"Yeah... Guess you wouldn't understand. You dont look like you get a lot of hugs- nor give them..." You trail off looking at him.

"You want to hug me now dont you?" He hums.

"Just one." You hold up your index. "Unless you beg for more." You wiggle an eyebrow at him. His eyes narrow briefly.

"Now you get zero." He states turning away.

"Kidding! I was kidding!" You gasp hurrying to his side. He chuckles lightly, turning to you.

"So was I. But don't do that again." He advises.

"Only to humor." You hum.

"Of course." He chuckles lightly, opening his arms to you. You dont hesitate to hug him at that. He wraps his arms around you. This was warm, and felt like the safest place to be right now. In fact, you felt like you could fall asleep at that moment. "... Are you okay?" He asks after a bit.