Anticipation

You kick off from tree to tree, lost in thought, fire blades cutting through each branch that sat in your way. "I need to get stronger..." You murmur switching to branches, leaping up higher and higher until you break through the tree tops. You stop on a branch, leaves tickling your ankles. "How can I bring that power out again...?" You frown at the setting sun.

'That power isn't something someone can draw put alone.' The disembodied voice responds, making you look at the familiar ghost that sat amongst the leaves beside you.

"Even so... I need to get stronger... If Kid hadn't been with me..." You frown more and close your eyes.

'This school will give you more opportunities to. Don't push yourself.' He tries to soothe.

"I will. Until I can save everything." You breathe before falling back through the leaves, letting the fire come out. You twist and lash out, letting the fire columns score the nearby trees as they spiral into the ground. Landing on the torched earth, you let out a sigh, rubbing your neck.

"If I hadn't moved when you appeared, I would've been quite angry with you." A strict voice makes you blink in surprise, tensing slightly. You peer up and around until you spot him, lounging on one of the tree branches. He glares lightly down at you, arms folded, mouth hidden behind his scarf. He had a tattoo on his left upper arm and a scar on the left side of his face.

".... Oh, sorry. I wasn't paying attention." You say sheepishly.

"I'm aware." He responds. "I've been aware since you entered the forest. The only thing that has evaded me is who you've been conversing with." He seemed mildly interested, but still watched you intently. "Though you're just going to respond that you're insane and shrug it off. I did hear another voice." He lands in front of you, tilting his head.

A mind reader? Or someone that could see the future? Either way, someone to be wary of. "... Yeah, you're right.... What's your name? Do we have classes together?"

"We do, but I don't go to them. My name is Charlotte Dogtooth." He answers. "And yes. I suppose I will lead you back to the dorms." He adds knowingly.

"... Thanks." You smile, following after him. Had to admit, he looked tough, and his attire reminded you of one of the rock concerts you had caught a glimpse of long before the Academy. "So, what do you-"

"What I do all day is no concern of yours ___." He interjects. You press your lips together and look down at that. "... Normally I'm in here. Besides the shapeshifters and you, no one enters." He sighs.

"So... You like peaceful places?" You guess. He offers a shrug and you soon come to the edge of the forest.

"I'm sure we'll see each other again." He says, letting you go ahead.

"Thanks Dogtooth...." You look back to see him gone. ".... Nice talking to you too!" You call. You smirk slightly before heading inside and up to your room.

"You did good today ___. I saw the results." You pause and look over at Doflamingo lounging on a window seal. "Ever think of transferring to advanced courses?"

"Nope. Bye." You wave before carrying on. You reach your room and open the doors to find the others hanging out.

"There you are! Where did you go?" Luffy grins.

"For a walk." You hum.

"You smell like smoke. Were you walking in a burning field?" Kid hums knowingly.