Part 9

Simon

The next morning I woke up with Baz wrapped around me, I was unsure if he was asleep so I just snuggled back into him and closed my eyes. I wasn't tired I just wanted to be close to him.

Every night I would fall asleep as close to Baz as I could just to remind myself that he was real and he was there, I thought of him before I fell asleep with the hopes that he would be in my dreams and he almost always was. I awoke with him on my mind most days too but that was Baz, you couldn't get rid of him and I loved it. His mouth was hung slightly open, it was really cute.

"Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back," I whispered the words so that I wouldn't disturb his sleep. I didn't actually kiss him though because although we were dating, he was asleep and that felt wrong.

"You can borrow more than one if you want to, Snow." Baz's soft lips said with a smug smile.

I took the look off of his face by actually taking up his offer. He moved his jaw in a way I'd never felt before and it was so good, Baz always said I was the expert which made me laugh because before him I had only ever kissed Agatha. I pulled back and rested my nose on his while looking into my world - I mean his eyes.

That was the first time in a few days that I had had time to think this way about Baz, I had always thought that he was beautiful but lately I'd been caught up with the fact that I was a vampire along with the fact that he had a fine body. I smiled at myself for that thought, this time two years ago I would have been mortified that I thought that about a boy let alone Baz!

Penny had ended up staying the night because she was snowed in so eventually we had to get out of bed to be good hosts and so we did. That's why it was strange when there was a note on the kitchen counter and a lack of Penny. I picked the note up and with concern read it aloud,

Simon and Baz,

  Don't worry about me, I've returned home for a family Christmas. As you will see the snow has already began disappearing, annoying huh? Anyway, thank you for having me and for clearing some things up about Simon's change.

Merry Christmas!

Love Penelope (Bunce) x

I smiled and then gasped, "Baz," I half yelled even though he was only at the fridge, "It's bloody Christmas!"