Part 12

Baz

I was awakened by a repetitive banging sound that was beginning to grind on me. It took me a longer than it should have to work out that it was someone banging on the front door but I untangled myself from Snow's arms and swung the door open in mere seconds. I was not happy to see Agatha grinning at me, though it was a comfort that I knew she was nervous, her heartbeat was pounding in my head. We hadn't drank at all the day before because we had been preoccupied.

"Oh," She said as her smile dropped slightly, "I was looking for Simon."

Agatha still hadn't accepted the fact that Simon was over her and that he wouldn't label himself. You've got to be something, she'd said, maybe you're bisexual or gay but you can't just not have a label!  And that was only after she had insisted, you're not even gay!, for months. I was sure that she didn't really like Simon, she just didn't want him to go to me. It was and still is his choice.

I tried and failed to resist a frown as I said, "He's sleeping, come back later." She could clearly see Simon sleeping on the sofa over my shoulder but I still tried to close the door slowly to seem less rude. Agatha put her hand on my shoulder and smiled patronizingly.

"Don't be rude Tyrannus, you're supposed to invite me in until he wakes up."

That's another thing that annoyed me about Agatha, she had recently insisted on using my first name simply because she knew I hated it. I gritted my teeth and, with tense arms, pulled the door back and pulled her in by her wrist. She stumbled and gave out a small yelp as her feet propelled her forward, towards the sofa where Snow was sprawled out. Agatha stopped falling when her knees hit the sofa and threw her forward, face first into Simons crotch. He laughed gently,

"Baz, I'm not even awake, don't be a perv." He paused for a second and then asked with suspicion, "Hey Baz, why is your heart beating?"

He must've opened his eyes then because he yelled some Normal and some magical profanity and scooted back, knocking Agatha onto the floor. Snows eyes darted around the room until they found me and I saw him sigh in relief.

"I trust you."
I didn't say it but I wish I had.