Part 15

*One month later*

Baz

Today was the day I would change my miserable life.

Simon

I had been working everyday since he had left to catch up with what I had missed over the Christmas holiday, I had finished one book already and I was already writing the second in the series. After I published them I would check tumblr to see all of the amazing headcanons that I could make true in my third novel. That was my life now: Hunt, write, check tumblr.

I was in the third phase of my day and my eyes were drooping closed. Sleeping isn't exactly part of my day because I don't really have a schedule for it, it just happens when I can't hold it back anymore but I've taught my body to not stay asleep for more than two hours. I knew I was being unhealthy but there was no evidence that I wasn't immortal so why not test it, right?

A loud knock interrupted my sleep deprived thoughts. I pulled myself out of my chair and walked slowly towards the door. I was plagued with fatigue and I hadn't eaten human food in about three weeks. I could only drink from foxes because I was getting slower and they were the only animals that came near if I offered them food. I was only having about one every two days. Half of my hunting trips were wasted.

I finally reached the door and looked back at the laptop seat, it was so close. I was getting worse. I creaked the door open as fast as I could which was still slower than an old man. A boy was stood at my door, a glowing, slightly plump version of Baz. He stared down at me and his smile dropped into a look of horror.