chapter 8

"Ummm..... I..... I don't know what to say."

"She will come." Nisha told Varun.

"NISHA...." I yelled at her.

"What?"

"Nisha, don't push her. " Varun told Nisha.

"If you don't want to go, it's okay." He said to me.

"It's not like that. My family is bit conservative. So I want to ask my parents permission."

"I will talk to your parents."

"No. I will talk to them and let you know."

"But you don't have my number."

"That's right." He gave me his number.

"Call me if you get permission. Actually you can call me whenever you want. See you later."

"Bye."

We put our bags in the back seat. As usual  Nisha was driving.

"He is good looking." She told me.

"Varun?"

"Who else?"

"Alex is also good."

"Better than Varun?"

"No."

"Do you having second thoughts?"

"Why did you ask?"

"I feel like you are trying to avoid him."

"You know my parents. They never agree with dating and all."

"Are you sure that it's the only reason for not saying a yes?"

"Yes."

"Look into my eyes and said that again."

"No. You are right. I am having second thoughts. I am confused. Is he is the right person for me? What if we end upon divorce?"

"You are not even trying to know him. Then how can you predict your married life?"

"You are my friend right? Then why did you take his side?"

"I am always on your side. That doesn't means if you doing anything wrong. As a friend it's my duty to correct you."

"I will think about it."

"You must agree to it. It's for your own good."

"Hmm.." I sighed.

When we reached my house, my traitor friend told my parents about meeting Varun.

"Date? No way." My dad told us.

"What's the big deal uncle? Its common in now a days." Nisha told my dad.

"In our days, girls are not even allowed go outside their house after their marriage gets fixed."

"Uncle, this is 21st century. Besides this dating is not a bad thing. It's just means an opportunity to get to know each other better. They went to a nice place and talk each other. Me and Aadersh went to several dates before our wedding."

"Dad, let her go. At least she asked your permission. Nowadays nobody ask permission of their parents to go on a date." Arun supported us.

"I will think about it and let you know."

Hey friends, I heard that some of you feels like the story is a little bit lagging. If you feel so, I'm sorry about that. I think it will get better soon. Please bear with me. When I start writing, I never expect that I will get so much reads. Thanks for all your support. Please continue support me through reads, votes, comments, sharing and adding this story to your reading list. It means so much to me.