Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Connor left me at my room. Confused and uncertain. What do I do now?

It will be so unfair for Scott if I do not see him. I promised him. He asked me first and he was nothing but kind to me.

But then, my heart was saying I should be with Connor. That I'll be happy if I'll be with him.

And he is feeling the same way. He is in love with me too!

If this had been another circumstance then this will be the happiest moment of my life. This is the day that I am waiting for, that we had that mutual feeling.

But...

I sighed, then look at my phone that recently ring. It is Paris. "Hello?"

"Rise and Shine Princess! Today is your first ever date!"

I sighed enough for her to know something is going on. "Is everything alright?" She asked. "You still want Connor to be your first date don't you?"

I sighed again. "He asked me. Connor asked me."

"What? When did he?"

"Last night. He went to my room. He told me he isn't with Belle. That they aren't together"

"I knew it. Connor will never be with her. The girl is desperate." I know she's rolling her eyes.

"But Scott..."

"You don't want to hurt him. But won't you hurt yourself if you will not choose Connor?"

I sighed. I cannot think well. This is difficult for me.

"What if something happens again? What if Belle knew and she does something about our date? How about Belle? And Scott? He's a good man. He doesn't deserve to be left hanging."

"Trust him. Trust Connor. That this time he will not left you hanging. And if he does then maybe it's time to think again Valerie. And with Scott, I'll make way."

Paris will never say it, but she wants Connor for me. She believes on "us".

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"Ugh. Don't ask anymore! Let's focus on you and Connor! I've been waiting for this for so long!" She excitedly beamed.

"I don't know Paris." I sighed. This is too difficult.

"Let me handle it okay? I'll send you the best dress. Goodbye!"

Paris choose not to help me get ready with my first ever date. She said she has some errands, but I know she was making a reason not to be with me today. I know she will push me to go see Connor, but now, she's letting me decide on my own. She is giving me a chance to choose.

I stared at the two dresses, undecided what to wear.

I heard my phone beep and my heart skip a beat. This was the sign I was asking for. One that I depended my decision on.

My shoulders fell in relief. Finally, I made a decision.

Then I send a message, to the one I'll drop tonight saying...

I'm sorry, but I can't come.

My hand shake as I hit the send button. I run to the bathroom to bathe and readied myself for one one I chose.

My hand on my clutch bag, sitting up straight the whole ride. I am nervous.

Very nervous.