Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Three years after...

College Graduation

"Happy Graduation!" Everybody was shouting, all of us are with our families. Connor became the class valedictorian while I graduated as Magna Cum Laude. Paris is still with Scott, they plan to work in Europe, just like how we wanted it to be. Connor and I decided to go back to Europe too.

Actually, we wanted to built a real estate business, we've been wanting to put up the company in Malta, but our target market is the whole world.

Connor and I took photos with our families then we took photos together, with families and just us.

"Uncle Vince" Connor greeted with an annoying smile on his face. He just succeeded being the valedictorian that he promised dad, and he was the last person happy about it.

"Congratulations" he grimly said.

"Let's take a picture!" I said. Two families in one photo. This is another dream came true, and I hope, next photo like this will be our wedding photo.

"We prepared a little celebration on the house for Valerie, why don't you join us?" Mommy said.

Uncle Jeanne and Kathy looked at each other, "Seems like the kids do have other plans" Aunt Kathy muttered.

Vince looked down at me too, while they did too. "Ugh, I prepared a little dinner for Connor and I mom and dad" I said.

Granny gave me two houses for graduation. One in Malta and one here in America and that is where we are heading tonight.

It shows in dad's face that he did not like the idea, but then he nodded. "Take care of my little girl Connor"

Connor's face lit up and nodded. "Yes, of course, Uncle Vince."

Hand in hand Connor and I walk towards the house granny gave me, I set it up with candle light, something dad loves to do with mom.

Nervous, we walked to the door, and he saw the dinner I prepared.

It wasn't really the dinner. I prepared a dinner but then, I do have plans after.

He held my hand and it was cold. He look at me with those questioning eyes. He forced a smile like he understood. "Did I not told you I am willing to wait? I'm not forcing you to this baby."

I tiptoed and kissed him. "This is my decision, I wanted to...to make love to you." I blushed, feeling it was too blunt for me.

He caressed my face and kissed my lips, "I was planning on asking you to move in with me, in Malta, but then you ruined things with your little surprises. This is not my plan baby. I want to have you when you have that ring on your finger, when your last name and address is same as mine."

Smiling, I put my hand over his neck. "But this gives me empowerment." I honestly said, "That I free. That I can decide on my own now, unlike the past years of my life."

"You let me do things and it makes me feel brave. I was the head of the cheering team because you made me feel I can. I conquered the fear that dad might be mad or disappointed with me. You made me who I am now Connor. You made me a brave woman, and I thank you for that."

He smiled at me and kissed my forehead, his hands caressed the side of my face and he said, "You shall always spread your wings and I will be with you baby. If you want to go be part of the social media, a model or an actress, I will support you, but that also means I got to pick with roles you can and you cannot." I laughed at him.