~Lies~

Jessica's P.O.V.

2 days had passed yet the rumors already started to halt, having Aiden's companionship made it a lot better and easier to handle the nonsense rumors floating in the internet.

Kris on the other hand, haven't even tried to talk to me nor called me. He feels a bit distant, and somewhat cold? The old Kris... is back?

I stirred up in my sleep and noticed a small light coming from the door, strange I already closed the door earlier.

"Mommy?" A faint voice called, I quickly sat up and opened the lamp on the nightstand

"Ace? Come here" I said motioning him to sit down beside me. He slowly closed the door and scooted beside me, he settled himself on the mattress and tugged my sleeves.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly caressing his hair.

"Mommy, I can't sleep" he pouted causing me to chuckle. But it was a bit odd, this was the first time Ace would get inside my room and tell me that he can't sleep.

"Want me to sing something for you?" I asked. Everynight, before Ace would go off to dream land I would always sing a song which lulls him to sleep. He shooked his head and grabbed my phone from the nightstand.

"Mommy, can you please call daddy Kris for me? I just want to talk to him" he said, I took my phone from his grasp and held it for a minute. I'm afraid I would only disappoint him if Kris wouldn't answer nevertheless I still called him.

Only constant ringings were heard and no voice answered, I tried to call him couple of times but he still won't answer. So I just decided to send him a message.

'Why are you doing this to me Kris? Is there something wrong? Just quit playing this game already, I want to talk to you. Ace wants to talk to you, please just quit this'

"Ace, Kris said that he was busy. Let's just give him some time to rest, hmm? I'll just sing a song for you or you can sleep beside me" I smiled, he gave me a sad smile and quietly lied down on the bed. Minutes later, Ace was already fast asleep but there was still no response from Kris.