A Secret Admirer?

A few weeks passed. Nothing strange happened. Everyday went the same. Alex woke up, ate breakfast with Felicia, went to class, made new friends, have lunch with Felicia, more classes, back to the dorm, showered, then slept. Nothing extraordinary at all. Until one day, Alex found a note in his textbook when he opened it. It read, "Hey Alex, I've been watching you for a while now. You're so smart. I will make you mine, and nobody else will be able to touch you. Wink wink, your secret admirer." Alex got chills. Just the 2nd month in school, and he already has a secret admirer? He wondered who could it be. He wasn't interested in anyone at the moment though. Although he has been keeping an eye on someone.......

Lunch time, He met up with Felicia as usual. He told her about the note. Felicia's eyes narrowed. "Note? Show it to me." Alex noticed that her voice sounded a bit angry. Could it be that she was...jealous? He hesitated, but showed her the note anyway. Felicia read it, then said, "These words....I recognize them...." She turned to Alex. "Alex. I know who wrote this. I'm not going to tell you, but if this person decides to reveal themselves, let me warn you, do not get close to her. You will regret it." Alex raised an eyebrow. "Felicia, are you jealous or something?" Felicia clenched her fist. "Alex. I'm being serious. I'm not jealous. If you don't listen to me, you will regret it. This is my first and final warning. Do not get close to her.". After she finished speaking, she got up and left. Alex wondered, 'Is she just jealous or is she serious? No, she can't be jealous. Her voice is way too serious.' he realized. She recognized the writing, so who could it be? He wanted to follow Felicia, but he wasn't a stalker, doesn't plan to be one, and it's also morally wrong. He decided to just forget about the whole thing.

He was doing fine about forgetting it, and it seems like Felicia decided to forget about it too. Until one day, when Alex woke up, he found mail in front of his door. They were all in red envelopes. When he opened them, they all said the same thing. They were all just random letters from his secret admirer. Since he did not want to waste time, he randomly picked up 3 envelopes. They all said that they will someday make him theirs. Since they all said the same thing, he assumed the rest were the same too. Since it was a Saturday, and he had time, he decided to put them all in one stack. That's when he realized, there was only one letter which had a white envelope. He opened it and read it. "I will be coming for you soon." It had only one sentence. Alex looked at the bottom of the paper. It signed, Someone you already know. Someone he already knows? Now he's really wondering who it was. It couldn't be Felicia, because she was the one who told him to stay away from his admirer. Wait.... Could it be Claire? Why would she even like him? He decided to take a walk in a nearby park to clear his head.

The park was quite beautiful. It was in the middle of April, so it was Springtime. The birds were singing, flowers are blooming. A perfect day for people to be walking in the park. He looked around. It seemed so peaceful. Kids were flying kites, catching butterflies, playing with their remote controlled toy boats, and having picnics. They all were so happy. He went up to a field of flowers, and plucked one. Because it was a magical place, another one instantly grew in its place. He couldn't get the letters out of his hands. He looked at the flower in his hand and at the one that replaced it. He then realized, when someone dies, even though some may miss you, you'll get replaced. Then nobody will remember you. As he realized this, he dropped the flower onto the ground. It shrivelled up and to turned into dust. Deep in thought, he didn't realize someone was watching him from a distance.