The Parents' Worry

"They're right there. I don't know if it will work," "It definitely will. Just trust Farine, she said she'll take care of it," 

Conrad and Robin were outside the place where Alex and the others were held. It took a while to figure it out, but Tyler remembered Claire was involved with it, so Rose guessed it would be at her father's office tower. They had also seen Andrew enter and leave a few times too. So it had to be it.

They saw a purple flashing light from one of the open windows. That was their signal, Farine had succeeded in breaking in. They surveyed the area, making sure there weren't any guards around. Then, they snuck over to the window and climbed in.

Back at the school, Rose was trying to calm all the parents down. They were all worried about their missing kids. Only Emerald's parents weren't there. "Please, everyone, calm down! I've sent people to go look for them!" However, that only made the parents fly into a rage. "How do I calm down!? My darlings, Mason, Michael and Pearl are missing! All 3 of my children!" "You sent children to look for children? Oh I know, how about sending DUCKS next!?" "Fayre was a good child! She did nothing wrong! Who took her!?"

Rose was about to speak again, but Hamlin pulled her back and shook his head. "Saying anything more will only cause more trouble than it is." He then cleared his throat and said loudly, "I'm sorry, but we do not have any answers for all of your questions right now. We can, however, reassure you that all of your children are fine. They will be back in no more than a month." "A MONTH!?" "How can you be so sure!?" Before they could say anymore, a few guards came in and took all of the parents out.

Hamlin turned around. Rose was using a tissue to dab her tears. "Oh, we can't even handle angry parents. Do we have any chance against the dark lord? My poor Alex..... I lost Tiffany, I can't lose my dear Alex as well...." Hamlin sighed. "Well, all we can do for now is hope that they return from their mission successful. Come, let's go back to the meeting room. The other children are waiting as well."

The meeting room was surprisingly silent. Everybody was waiting for Conrad, Robin and Farine's return. Sapphire, Emerald's cheerful and optimistic twin, let out a loud sigh. "What's wrong, Sapphire?" Tyler asked. He knew what was wrong already, but by asking, he'd let Sapphire vent, which tends to make people feel better. Sapphire sighed again. "Well, what isn't wrong? My sister and our friends have been kidnapped and we haven't heard from Farine or the others for days. Alabaster may already be resurrected, and...." she put her face in her hands. "What if they don't come back?" 

Tyler patted her on the back. "Don't worry, they will come back. Farine is resourceful, smart, and skillful. Once they return, we'll think of how to stop Alabaster. I know things are looking grim right now, but being pessimistic will only make it worse. I can't promise everything will turn out perfect, but I can promise that things will work out. They always do."

Sapphire looked up at him. "Yeah...you're right. Even if things don't turn out perfect, we will still survive this. Thanks for talking to me," she said with a smile.

"Let go of us! Where are you taking us!?" shouted a voice outside the door as it got louder. Alex stood up. The door opened. In the doorway stood Andrew, holding Conrad and Robin by the collar. Farine was nowhere in sight. He had a smirk on his face. "These two are just in time. Come out, all of you." Alex glared at him. "And where would you be taking us?" Andrew met Alex's eyes with a nasty smile. "To meet Eldritch Alabaster."