Murder

For the rest of the day, Alex couldn't concentrate and got into a lot of trouble. During lunchtime, Felicia tried talking to him, but he just zoned out again. Eventually, Felicia gave up, finished eating, and left. Alex just sat there poking his food until the bell rang. He decided not to pay since he didn't eat anything, he'll just eat it next time. After all his classes ended, he decided to look for Tiffany. He had to tell her about his dream. He was worried that his father might strike while they're vulnerable. He waited outside the girls' dorm. But she never came. He began to worry. He went around the school, searching for her.

He walked a few times around the school, but to no avail. He couldn't find Tiffany. He began to shout her name. "Tiffany! Tiffany! Where are you!?" Suddenly, he heard a distant voice. "Alex! Help me! HELP!" It sounded like Tiffany! He ran towards the voice as fast as he could. "Tiffany! I'm coming! Hold on!" Tiffany continued to shout. "Alex! Alex! Help me!" Alex ran as her voice grew louder. He turned to the right, and saw his father holding a knife and Tiffany in his other hand. "Take one more step, young man, and I will kill her." said Andrew. He put the knife on Tiffany's neck. She winced. "Alex! Help me!" Alex didn't know what to do. Alex took a step backwards. Andrew spoke, "The necklace. Take off your necklace. Take it off or I'll kill her." That's when Alex realized he was wearing a necklace. He looked at it. It had a charm on it. The charm was shaped like an owl. 'Wait, Mr. Hamlin's necklace? Why am I wearing it?' he thought. He looked up again. His dad was still holding Tiffany with a knife at her neck. Alex made a decision, and took off the necklace. "Here. I took it off. Now, let her go." he said. Andrew smirked, and let Tiffany go. Tiffany ran behind Alex. Alex looked at her. "Tiff, run. Go get help. Do not look back." Tiffany was crying. "But......what about you, Alex?" she said, while gripping his arm. Alex hesitated. He had to protect his sister. "Just go." he said with a firm voice. Tiffany looked at him, and ran away. Alex turned back to his father. His father was smiling. "You really are an idiot. You still want to protect your little sister. You don't need to worry about her anymore, seeing as you'll soon be dead. The necklace was your only protection. Now, you will die." he said. He then tightened his grip on the knife, and ran at Alex. Alex felt the cold blade go right through his body. Everything went black.

Alex woke up. He looked around. He saw his mother sitting beside him. He was in a hospital. Rose gasped. "Alex! You're awake! Thank goodness!" Alex was confused. "What is going on?" Rose looked at him. "You don't know? Tiffany found you passed out in front of her dorm's building. She assumed you were waiting for her but got attacked. She immediately called me, and we brought you here. However, when the doctors checked, it was because you hadn't eaten anything. Why didn't you eat anything yesterday?" Alex sighed. It was just another dream. "Oh, I had no appetite. But I'm okay now. But mom, where's dad?" Rose flinched. "He's still in the human world. Why do you ask?" Alex decided to tell her about the dreams. After he explained everything, including the years of abuse, his mother's eyes widened. "Alex, why didn't you tell me this before? I'm sorry I left you and Tiffany with him. I should have taken you two in my custody when left. But, I couldn't........if only it wasn't for that c...." she stopped talking. Her eyes seemed like she was somewhere else, as if she was remembering something. "Alex, it's okay now. I will protect you and Tiffany. He won't ever be able to kill you. I won't let him touch you. I promise." she said. Alex had tears in his eyes. He had never known how it was like to be taken care of. He sniffed, wiped his tears then hugged his mother. "Okay." Rose told him to eat and rest for the rest of the day. Alex nodded, and went to sleep.