Andrew's Past

Once upon a time, Andrew had his 11th birthday party. He invited a lot of people, and they all said they would come. But, on the date of the party, no one came at all. He was left alone, with his cake, candles still lit. His parents came into the room, and laughed at him. "Haha! You foolish boy. You have no friends. Nobody even has time for you. Now get out of here, since your "friends" aren't coming, we're taking the cake." Little Andrew ran to his bedroom. He wondered why didn't his friends come. That's when he heard a knock at the door. Since his parents were always too busy for anything, he went downstairs to check who it was. He opened the door, and saw Jason standing in front of him. "Hey dude, sorry for being late. I had to help my sister find her kitten." he apologized. "It's okay. My parents already took my cake so let's go to the park." Andrew replied. Jason sighed. He knew his best friend was getting abused, but Andrew had always told him not to tell others. He was a good little boy who never had the intention to hurt others.

One day, he snapped. He was 18 now. His parents had just used his entire life savings to buy a bunch of lottery tickets. He was going to use that money to go on a school trip to another state. He wanted revenge on his parents. He wanted to kill them. He went downstairs to the living room and saw that his parents were passed out drunk. He went to the kitchen and picked up the sharpest knife he could find, but put it down. No, he wanted them to suffer. He wanted them to feel the pain he has felt. He picked up the blunt knife, and went back to the living room. Right as he was about to murder them, he started trembling. No, he didn't have the heart to do this. He dropped the knife and ran back up to his room. He decided to run away instead. He got a rucksack, and filled it with essentials. Food, water, money left over from lunch, clothes, a raincoat. There was still some space, so he stuffed his pillow and a sleeping bag inside too. He closed the bag and carried it. He looked like he was going camping. That makes it easier then, nobody would think that he's running away from home. He put his phone in his pocket, took one last look at his room, and went downstairs. His parents were still passed out. Should he leave a note for them? Nah, they wouldn't even care.

He was halfway down the street when he heard someone shouting his name. "Andrew! Andrew! What's wrong with you?" Andrew turned around and saw Jason running towards him. He let Jason catch up to him. "Andrew! What the hell is wrong with you? If you run away, you can get kidnapped or tortured or worse!" Andrew let out a sigh. "Nothing I could face would be worse than being abused by my parents." Jason put a hand on Andrew's shoulder. "Look man, if you want to leave, come to my house. My parents like you and they're very kind. You know that." Andrew shook his head. "No, Jason. I want to completely start my life all over. And that means I have to leave every piece of my life behind." Jason sighed. He knew there was no way to change Andrew's mind. "Then, I'm coming with you." Andrew was shocked. Jason was his only friend, so he didn't experience much kindness in his life. He didn't want Jason to abandon his life just because of him. "Bro, I don't want you to leave everything behind just because of me. You're happy with your life. Besides, your parents would go crazy if you left." Jason shook his head. "Nah, I often do my own stuff without them knowing. I could go back after a few days and they wouldn't mind. C'mon bro. Just follow me to my house, I'll get my stuff, and we can go together. Best bros forever?" then Jason helped out his fist. Andrew smiled and fistbumped Jason. "Best bros forever."

Authors note: Hey guys, if you have anything you want me to write about, feel free to leave a comment or message me! I would love the feedback. Thanks!