Sickly Sweet

Have you ever wondered what happens to smoke when it drifts away into the dreamy clouds, or thought about what happens to the extra perfume that doesn't land on your wrist? Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, there is a certain place where vaporized smells go? Go ahead. Laugh. But when you read this story and learn about a whole new world out there, up above the clouds, you won't be laughing, I can guarantee you that.

-----------
"Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew, cover it in chocolate and a miracle or two. The candy man, the candy man can."
Sophia Alonso mumbled this song in her sleep as she envisioned herself up on stage in front of hundreds of people, performing her solo. The oompa-loompas danced behind her as they were performing the play "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". The real performance was dated for tomorrow night, and Sophie played the role of the Candy Man.

Her dream quickly turned into a nightmare as the audience began to boo and hiss while throwing anything in their hands at her. Suddenly the theater disappeared and she was standing in an empty cement room with a rag in her mouth and a blindfold covering her eyes. She tried to run but discovered that she was bounded to the ground. It was as if the cement had swallowed her feet as she couldn't feel anything.

Suddenly a cold, hard voice hissed out at her; "Don't worry, my dear. You will be putting on quite the show tomorrow night. It may not be what you expect, but I'm sure the audience will appreciate it more than what you call singing." Then the blindfold disappeared and she was back in the theatre, surrounded by an angry mob equipped with pitchforks and torches.

Sophie screamed as she saw the mob transform into beasts and they began to cackle like witches. One lunged at her and was able to scratch her deeply. The blood kept pouring out until finally she was just an empty body lying on the stage floor with a bunch of demons staring at her and smiling.

The nightmare vanished as she woke to someone calling her name,"Sophie, Sophie." She opened her eyes and began a very long day.

Quick note:
I know it says fantasy for the genre but I also really wanted to put horror, so beware 😈

~*~

It's me from the future :P
Just letting y'all know that at first, this book is not my best work. It's a bit rushed and I can't say I feel super proud of the first two, maybe three chapters. But I promise it gets better :) so hang in there and enjoy the ride.