Chapter Three: An Unexpected Event Like Never Before

We dove into the water. I started to feel the water moving away from me, enabling me to move unnaturally fast. I knew this would happen... I just have to pray to the guardians that I'll be swimming like a normal person. That was when another unexpected event happened.

When I surfaced, everyone else surfaced too, even Kayla. What we saw in front of us were balls of water floating from the pool.

"What... what's going on?" I stammered.

Everyone else was surprised. It feels like it was the first time they saw this happen. When I get nervous, this is what happens. I don't even remember the first time this happened, but it was new to everyone, even Kayla was surprised.

"E-Elias?" she asked, surprised.

I knew what she was thinking. Without making it obvious that I was doing it, I concentrated on bringing the balls right back into the pool. If I had the full power of mnemokinesis, I could wipe the memories of other people that they saw something unbelievable. But I can't.

"I'm sorry to cut off class again but... change out of your swim clothes and go to your free period!" Coach Clark yelled out. "Elias, Kayla, and Carter stay here."

Everyone who were not called obediently got out of the pool, changed back to their everyday attire, and left. The only people here, besides Coach Clark, were Carter, Kayla, and me.

"This is probably the third time I talked to a few of my students about this..." Coach sighed. "First, it's Brandon with his Aerokinetic incident. Second, Kayla with her Cryokinetic incident a few weeks ago. Now, I believe it's Elias with the Hydrokinetic incident, but this one seems serious since everyone noticed it."

"Sorry about that, sir. It's nervousness." I said.

"I'm only going to be a little lenient with you since you are one of the ones who are experienced with their powers. But you all have to suffer through a speech of mine," he said, then cleared his throat.

Okay, he's probably going to shout... I thought.

Get ready... Kayla acknowledged.

This will be brutal. I added.

We then got ready for his loud speech...

"DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU'LL GET IN TROUBLE WITH THE GUARDIANS SINCE YOU ACCIDENTALLY REVEALED YOUR ABILITIES TO THOSE WHO CANNOT BELIEVE THOSE KINETIC ABILITIES EXIST! THIS IS NOT A SITUATION WHERE ONLY A FEW PEOPLE SEE 'EM, IT IS ONE THAT EVERYONE OF THE STUDENTS HERE COULD SEE 'EM! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

We flinched the moment he started shouting. Bloody hell! My ears are ringing! I don't know if I could handle anymore... But yeah, I agree that this is serious...

"We understand, sir." all of us said in unison.

"Good, all of you are dismissed." he said, waving us off.

All of us got changed, and a few minutes later, we exited the gym and into the courtyard like normal people, fresh from the loud speech Coach gave, except that one of us is still dry.

"Elias, you look like you aren't wet at all!" Carter said, wide-eyed.

"As a matter of fact, anybody with the power to manipulate water can breathe water, swim very fast in water, and come out of it dry from water." I articulated. "Any more questions?"

Carter and Kayla looked at each other. I don't think so.... They thought.

Before we were able to continue the conversation, the last person I wanted to see strutted over like a model.

"Oh, good to see you again Elias! I heard something happened in gym today... were you there?" Amaya said.

"Obviously, we were," Carter replied for me since he probably knew I would stutter. "You don't really have to go deeper into the topic, we already knew exactly what happened."

Thanks for covering me Carter, because you know... I cannot resist how pretty she is! But I know Kayla is prettier than her... no, Kayla is the prettiest girl alive! I smiled.

Do you really have to announce that in our heads? Kayla raised an eyebrow and smirked.

Yeah, I have to, werewolf instincts! I said.

"Okay, okay, I get it now," Amaya said, who looked like she already understood what Carter was saying. "Anyway, I better go to my next class. Bye!"

She then ran off. I'm also relieved that she doesn't take the same course in the same period as the three of us. I was alone in my thoughts until Kayla led us over to the courtyard where we usually hang out during free period.