Chapter Eight: Doing the Unthinkable

Carter dragged both of us into the kitchen where the rest are waiting.

"Now that everyone is here, let us start discussing," Brandon announced in his 'all-powerful' prefect voice and we all agreed. "A few weeks ago, the Ice Realm was melting and we solved that problem. Now, this realm is freezing. Isn't that weird?"

"Yeah, it's like whatever we do to one realm, we do something to the other. But we have no idea how this thing is happening." Carter explained. "We know we didn't do anything about the melting of Ice Realm but we are now involved in the freezing of the Water Realm. The Water Realm, we know the cause but the Ice Realm? We don't know."

"I agree with Carter over there. We have to turn back to how everything started because fire could do little in an ocean and air would only move the current. And even if we can use air to warm the water from down under, it's going to take a lot since there's only one air user in our group." Chelsea said.

"True," Brandon said, acknowledging Chelsea's words. "So, in times of dire (maybe...) situations like this, then there's only one thing on our mind that we could do."

"Don't tell me we're traveling through time?" Kayla muttered in annoyance.

"Yes, I think we are," Brandon replied. "Why?"

"Because when you time travel, we have a chance of being seen by the people in the past and it will change the course of the present, especially Detroit. The world that we know won't be that world anymore. And none of us are or aware that we are time travelers." she explained in a logical manner.

"There's another way that you could time travel without being a time traveler," I spoke up.

"What?" Amaya asked. This is probably the first time I heard her speak since we arrived in the hideout.

"I researched that there is some kind of lost artifact that enables the user to travel through time like the real time travelers and people who have Chronokinesis." I began. "It's called the time turner."

"Isn't that a Harry Potter reference though?" Carter questioned, eyebrow raised.

"I know that is a Harry Potter reference but I have a gut feeling that it really exists," I stated, already knowing that.

Brandon crossed his arms and pondered. I don't know how long he thought about it but to me, it felt like an hour had passed.

Where can we find those time turners? Where? I read his mind while he was thinking.

"Uh... Brandon?" Kayla tried to get Brandon out of his thoughts.

Crickets chirped around the hideout, and there was still had no hope of getting him back to reality.

"Can I summon a rock now and throw it at him?" Amaya asked, impatiently.

I let out a sigh then muttered. "Sure, but don't throw it too hard okay?"

"I won't," Amaya promised, putting up her pinky finger. "Rock!"

Amaya chanted and instantly, a rock the size of a baby's palm appeared in her hand. She walked over to the pondering Brandon, tiptoed, and dropped the rock from an inch above his head.

"Ow!" Brandon exclaimed in surprise.

"You have been in that state for I don't know how long!" Kayla yelled out.

"Well, I finally analyzed the situation and I may have an idea where the time turners are--."

Chelsea gasped in surprise. "'Turners'?"

"Yes, time turners." Brandon calmly answered. "There is more than one and, again, I may have an idea where we can find them but..."

"...We have to pass something before we can find it..." I finished his sentence for him.

"Pass what?" Carter was curious about the condition.

"The place where we suspect we could find the time turners at, it's in a place where only merfolk can enter. Not even humans with elemental powers can pass through so...." Brandon explained.

"We have to turn ourselves into mermaids and mermen?" Amaya was now the one who was surprised. I am really looking forward to merman Elias...

Shut it Amaya! I screamed in my mind, even if she can't hear me.

Man, even if she is kinda helpful, she's getting on our nerves... Kayla said, facepalming herself.

"What's wrong there?" Amaya looked at us,  concerned.

"Erm... nothing," I replied.

"O-okay..." Amaya acknowledged and turned back to the conversation at hand.

I squeezed Kayla's hand as we discussed our situation with time traveling and using the time turners to do so. Hopefully, there's enough for everyone.