Chapter Four: Troubled Love

Amaya's POV

After I left the conversation, I thought about how I could get Elias to be mine. I don't care if I was obsessed or something but I would do anything to get him away from Kayla.

"Hmm, let's see what can I do to make Elias mine, hmm," I muttered under my breath.

Unaware, Carter takes a glance at my direction and he catches me muttering. Well, no one can hear me at this rate.

* * *

Elias's POV

We're now at our hangout spot in the courtyard. Carter fell behind to get something, until a few minutes later, he appeared again.

"I need to tell y'all something," he said. "It's important."

"Sure, what is it?" Kayla asked.

"Amaya might have some kind of secret plan of you-know-what," he explained. "We need to watch our backs from now on."

I groaned again, for I don't know how many times.

"Tell me it's not a love potion...." I murmured.

"I don't know what. I wasn't there to hear the rest of her one-sided conversation but I know it might be something real bad, especially if we might have another quest." Carter said. "Anyhow, what are you guys going to do for the Winter Ball?"

Kayla and I locked glances. You know what I'm thinking right?

Are you going to ask me out on the spot? she chuckled.

Yes. I replied.

"You guys... I'm going to get frantic over here if you don't say anything for an hour..." Carter groaned.

We stared at each other in silence, a suspenseful one, until...

"Want to go to the Winter Ball with me?" I asked, with a smile.

"Here goes nothing..." I heard Carter mutter.

"Yes! A thousand, no, a million times yes!" Kayla exclaimed, and threw herself at me.

We were hugging each other for what felt like forever, and again, Carter was practically agitated but I'm sure he was happy for us.

"I wish Chelsea was here but I hope she is happy in Milwaukee," he said.

* * *

The next day

I was at school looking around for Kayla and Carter and to my unfortunate luck, again, Amaya ran up to me.

"Hi Elias!" she greeted, batting her eyelashes at me.

Stop! I screamed in my mind.

"What's up?" I said, rolling my eyes and doing my best to keep my anger out of the surface.

"I know that the Winter Ball is coming up so... will you be my date?" she asked, but then she continued. "Wait, I assume Kayla is your date right?"

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Just a lucky guess, but do you think you could go out with me just this once?" she begged.

This is going to be our first dance together as official dates, but here she is trying to ruin my plans...

"Elias!" I heard a familiar voice.

"Sorry Amaya, it's still a no and I got to go," I said before running off to Kayla, feeling relieved.

"Wow, now do I have to go to the extremes?" I heard Amaya say. I assume it was meant to be under her breath but my enhanced senses let me hear and see whatever she is doing while I'm doing something else.

Perks of a werewolf. I smiled.

* * *

A/N: Who would you rather have dance together in the Winter Ball? Elias and Kayla or Elias and Amaya? Comment below! (Kaylias forever XD)