Chapter Five: Trouble Awaits

Kayla's POV

Carter and I were walking around looking for my boyfriend. We searched most of the hallways for him, but we still couldn't find him. When we finally did, however, he was talking to Amaya. We decided to listen in on their conversation for a little bit.

"Carter? Can you think of any commands that can allow us to have enhanced hearing like Elias? Thoughts are not enough." I asked.

"Let me think..." he pondered for a little bit while he thought of a command. "Listening Flames..."

A red-orange aura surrounded us, and we were able to hear the conversation.

"Just a lucky guess, but do you think you could go out with me just this once?" I heard Amaya beg.

This is going to be our first dance together as official dates, but here she is trying to ruin my plans... I heard Elias say in his mind.

"What the heck is going on there?" Carter asked, confused.

"I'll talk to him," I said, determined. I turned towards Elias and called. "Elias!"

"Sorry Amaya, it's still a no and I got to go." he said before coming over to me.

"Wow, now do I have to go to the extremes?" I heard Amaya say while Elias ran over.

Now that all of us were back together, we could discuss some important matters, like...

"What happened over there?" Carter asked as if he were reading my mind.

Elias shook his head. "Thanks for saving me from my nightmare..."

Carter raised an eyebrow. "And that nightmare is her?"

"Yes, she tried to ask me to dance with her at the Ball but I refused. Seriously, my life would be better if she didn't appear right in front of us at the Ice Realm. She is my second worst nightmare..." he ranted about the situation.

"And, erm... what's your worst nightmare?" I asked.

Losing you. he replied.

I beamed at him, threw my arms around him, and kissed him on the lips.

Aww, I love you. I smiled.

"Man, I cannot handle being the third wheel anymore..." I heard Carter groan.

We pulled away and shot Carter an apologetic look, and said.

"Sorry."

"Sorry, man." Elias also apologized.

"No worries, I'll get used to it... probably," Carter said.

The bell rang to warn us for the start of the sixth period.

"And here goes the continuation of my nightmare..." Elias groaned. "I hope you both have a nice rest of the day, 'cause I don't know if I'll survive."

"I'm sure you will," I said, in an optimistic tone.

We said our goodbyes and went to our classes.

* * *

Elias's POV

Amaya, I hate it when you bug me... I thought as I walked to my next class, which is Marine Biology. Before it was one of the classes I really liked but now, I don't think I'll be able to enjoy it anymore. The reason? Her.

"Nice to see you again Eli!" she sarcastically greeted.

"Don't you dare call me 'Eli'." I hissed. Or I will report you to the school staff, even if they won't believe my story.

"Alright then, hope we both have fun in class." Amaya winked as she strutted in the classroom like an arrogant person basically just wanting attention.

I rolled my eyes and entered right behind her. I took my usual seat at the back of the class, where almost nobody sits. Right here, there are a lot of aquariums as well as it is the perfect place to hide in my own thoughts. When the bell rang to signal the start of class, Ms. Brooklyn, our teacher, walked in the classroom.

"Glad to see you again sophomores and freshmen, and a special welcome to Miss Wood too!" She greeted with a smile. "I'm Ms. Brooklyn and I am your teacher in Marine Biology. Today, we'll be doing a lab."

I love labs! But I know somebody will ruin it for me... I thought.

"I will tell you all what you are going to do once you are with your partner. The partner list is right at the bulletin board behind Mr. Sangster's desk." As soon as she said that, I instinctively turned around and skimmed the piece of paper for my name and there it was, at the bottom of the paper...

"Elias T. Merritt-Sangster and Amaya R. Wood"

* * *

A/N: As much as I hate Amaya (literally), what do you think of her?