Chapter Nineteen: Inner Consciousness

Elias's POV

The pain in my head is still there. I have no idea what else happened, except that I knew I was knocked out by Amaya with one of her magical rocks. How come I don't feel the ocean floor beneath me? How come I also don't feel the water whirling around me? My tail's going to dry out at this rate.

"Elias, wake up."

I didn't stir for a second. I was too afraid to open my eyes and look at my surroundings. I'm supposed to be with Amaya, right? I don't think so--well, I'm not sure. Oh well.

I finally opened my eyes and all I saw was black. For real, that's all I saw; 360 degrees blackness. No color at all. But if there was no color, how come I hear this voice? Forget my surroundings, how do I look like now?

I looked down at myself and I'm back in my human form, khaki shorts and all. If I am in my human form I can walk now, right? My own question was answered when I quickly stood up and am now supported by the nothingness around me.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Elias, follow my voice." the mysterious voice replied.

"What the?"

For some reason, the voice sounded like mine. Could this be that--I woke up inside my brain? Bloody hell, this is getting weird. If I'm in here now, then my body must be... forget it.

I started running, not knowing exactly where I am going. Wherever this creepy voice of mine is taking me, I have a feeling I know where I am.

"So, where are we?" I asked.

"We are right by your eyes, can't you see the white orbs on the left side of yourself?" it replied, in a mocking tone. Why did it have to copy my expressions, especially in moments like these?

I looked through the orbs and I was about to puke when Amaya's face was close to mine.

"Bloody hell?!"

I don't like this sight, at all. I was kissing Amaya, Amaya Reese Wood. What is going on? What has she done to me? If this is the situation I'm in now, I should be kissing Kayla instead!

"Yes, this is happening in real time, Elias. I know you desperately want to kick her ass right now but you first have to find a way to wake up from this. And didn't you know she gave you a love potion?" the voice remarked.

"SHE DID? Heck, I'm really going to kick her ass as soon as I wake up." I was so mad, enough to make me wake up from whatever's hindering me from doing so. Sadly, I'm still stuck in my own inner consciousness.

I decided to just sit down by the orbs and observe what is happening. But not right now, the sight is too disgusting for me to see. I'd rather just sit in the dark than witness all of this.

* * *

A/N: This is a filler chapter on purpose. I didn't want to leave you guys hanging on what's going on with Amaya and Elias now but I just didn't yet have the courage to write the actual chapter because... no, I don't want to say it... Also sorry if this is short but I didn't have a lot of inspo for this either but I hope you like it! The next chapter shall come soon...