Chapter Six: Another Quest

I don't know if I'll ever like labs again... I thought with a sigh as I slowly walked over to Amaya, wondering if she did something to make this happen. Amaya turned around to face me and smiled innocently.

"Eli, aren't you excited to work together 'cause I am!"

No, I'm not happy about this and you know it. I thought mentally trying not to show how much she angered me.

"Yeah, it'll be a blast," I said with fake cheerfulness in my voice.

I suddenly wanted to go to Kayla and never let go of her.

"Now that you are all sitting down with your partners, let's begin." Ms. Brooklyn said.

This is going to be a long day... I thought with a sigh.

* * *

Amaya's POV

I inwardly smirked when Elias slowly walked towards me. I had the perfect idea to make him mine. It's simple really, all I have to do is to find out what makes Elias attracted to Kayla and when I do, I'll be what he likes about her.

Soon, Elias, I thought. you'll be mine.

Then suddenly, Elias and I saw an icy blue flash that was so fast that no one but us could see. Our eyes widened when we realized that it meant a quest is coming!

* * *

Kayla's POV

I was in my sixth period when I saw an icy blue spark. I was immediately on alert. I had no idea what it meant so I decided to ask Elias. But before that, I was transported to another place. I warily looked around and was surprised to see Elias, Carter, Chelsea, Brandon, and Amaya.

"What is this?" I heard Carter say.

"This isn't Marine Biology! I was about to do my lab with Elias..." Amaya complained.

"Why now? I got prefect duties to attend to." My brother facepalmed himself.

This is freaky, very freaky... I heard Elias through our telepathic connection.

"Well," Carter said slowly getting up. "I don't know about you guys but, I'm glad to get out of class."

"Don't ask me, I was about to have my free period!" Chelsea said, somehow looking worried yet, happy to see Carter.

"Guys, you know we are here for a reason right?" I asked looking slightly amused at what was going on.

"Oh yeah, right. I knew that we might have a quest." Elias said, and thought. Wait, why the heck did I say 'might'?

I giggled at that.

"The six of you, look forward." an alluring voice said not sounding the least bit amused.

We broke up from our conversation and looked forward, and there, we saw one of the strangest yet regal looking guardian I have ever seen.

The Guardian of the Water Realm: the Kraken. Elias told me.

"So, do you all have an idea why are you summoned here?" the Kraken asked all of us.

We looked at each other and said in unison, "A quest" in an excited, yet dull tone.

"Correct. Now here's the problem, but first, I wanted to congratulate you all on saving the Ice Realm. You all did a great job. But in the Water Realm, things have been wrong lately. The oceans are dropping to low temperatures, and the creatures there have nowhere to go. If this freeze doesn't stop, then the whole realm will turn into ice, just like the Ice Realm. Will you help?" It explained.

I was trying to comprehend what was going on and a sudden thought came to me. Was this planned? If so, who would do this? And most importantly, why?

That's a good question Kay, great thinking!

I nearly jumped. I almost forgot about the telepathy connection Elias and I had.

The Kraken saw this as a nod from us. "Good. Now that you all have agreed to help me, I will transport you all to the Water Realm. I will send a guide to show you the way thank you and until we meet again."

With that, it swished its tentacles and we suddenly appeared in a weird place.

"Goodbye school, hello quest," Amaya said, with determination in her voice.

I mentally sighed. With her here, things were gonna get ugly real fast, but the question was: how fast?