Packing.

Vic's POV

Acadia didn't come shopping with me, actually she didn't call me at all which I found strange. I took the jacket that I had recently purchased and my acoustic guitar then went over to her apartment. I parked my car and headed up the stairs with the bag from Abercrombie. Once up there I knocked on the door....once.....twice...three times until she did come to open up.

"Hey!" I smiled awkwardly and looked at her wearing a baggy band shirt and some black socks. Her hair was a mess and she only wore a few of her usual bracelets.

"Oh hey!" She rubbed her eyes letting me in.

"Did you just wake up?" I asked curious and feeling the cold temperature inside the apartment.

"....yeah sorry....the place is a mess" she sighed. "Oh and I'm sorry for not calling you last night."

"No problem cutie" at one corner she had a bunch of boxes and on the table she had FedEx Shipping tags. I could tell they were from FedEx because of the bright colored lettering on the white paper. I put down my guitar and took a seat beside her, I noticed that she was only wearing her underwear under that long band shirt but it didn't bother me. I sat beside her in silence before noisily opening the bag and getting the jacket out.

"This is what I a complied yesterday" I spreader the semi thick jacket and shower it to her, it wasn't black I almost never bought dark clothes but it was a nice navy blue.

She examined it, touched it and even got up to put it on "this is really freaking nice!"

"Isn't it! I saw it and loved it immediately" she looked so cute with it on. We had a few more laughs before she sat back down and I was happy with her approval of my fashion choices.

"I'm proud of you, you didn't need my help this time!" She laughed before she fell into her tired expression from before.

"I had to learn someday" I touched her leg, she simply got up and extended her hand towards me. She took me towards her room where her bed was a mess, clothed were everywhere and her computer was playing Wall-E. I sat on the bed beside her as she watched the movie and while she did I noticed the sad expression on her face.

"What's wrong with you today?" I asked her curious to see if she would give me an answer.

"How many times do you like to go and visit New York?" She asked me which I found a little strange, she didn't answer my question though.

"If it's for recording....A couple of times a year but I really don't like the cold" I admitted to her. She didn't say anything so I went and got my guitar from the living room then came back.

"Sing with me....Dear long, dark hair, I write cause I know you'll forget. You could be..." I begun to strum The Weekends by Modern Baseball on my guitar making a smile appear on her face.

".....Sea green and in a wastebasket tomorrow..." We had both started to listen to Modern Baseball the day we had both gone to be record store. She bought You're Gonna Miss It All and I bought Sports; we listened to both of the albums and had fallen in love with their music. "I love that part..." she whispered.

"No repulsion toward......" I continued and sat at the edge of the bed, it was kinda like a cheesy romantic movie the setting was perfect, the lighting was just right and the song was a sweet one. "My premature indulgences...."

I continued to sing, with her and for her which also made me happy. The song was filled with nostalgia and you could tell that the whole band placed a lot of feeling into it.

"Not like those cheekbones" she caressed my cheek, "that crooked nose" she lightly tapped my nose.

"She was my trophy shelf of slip ups, my untamed hormonal Loch Ness shitshow. On late night rotation for months on end" this part reminded me of her; Agatha knows most of the deep and secretive shit about me, she takes my bullshit all the time and doesn't judge me for it.

"But I'll start fresh with you" out of nowhere we both sung at the same time which was surprising but we both just smiled then looked away in embarrasment. After that it was just me but she decided to come in last minute.

".....My long, dark hair...." the last note on the guitar and after it was just a consuming and beautiful silence. Our foreheads pressed against each other and the sunset over behind us. I looked up and searched for her eyes then went in for a kiss but she pulled away quickly. I was confused.

"Do you know how sincere these feelings are?" she used her thumbs to play with the light blue sheets.

"No, but then again do you know how sincere mine are?" The question took me by surprise, I placed my guitar on the side of the bed.

"You know that I love you, and a lot but the question is.....do you love me enough to let me go?" My eyes widened and I held my breath.

"I don't.....no" and it was true I would never be capable of doing that. "Go where? What do you mean?"

"Its nothing! Forget about it! Nevermind that!" She suddenly hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and brought her as close as I could to me. I quickly erased that horrible question from my mind. After a while we both pulled away and I would be lying if I said that I didn't have tears in my eyes. We were both crying both attempting to hide those menacing tears.

"Remember that me and you are riding the same Uber to the airport" she brought up a subject.

"Yeah...heh...I'll have to go and check my bags for everything" I got the guitar and went to the living room. She followed me and stood there while I got my shopping bag and strapped my guitar to my back.

"I'll see you tomorrow in the morning! Bye!" She waved as I closed the door. I got in my car and drove away, as I drove I found myself thinking about the question which made a feeling of sadness and nostalgia rise inside me. I snapped out of it when I noticed the strange music coming from my radio. It was music in Spanish, I understood most or it, I didn't change it. It was a perfect song that matched my feelings.

"....y esto fue Brillas del magnífico León Larregui de su disco más reciente llamado Solstis...." the singer's name was Leon Larregui honestly the music was really good. By the end of the song I had arrived to my apartment and the radio station was gone, all there was was white noise and a bittersweet feeling. I sat there.....quietly looking out of the windshield but I soon left the car and went inside the apartment. I turned on the lights, set down the guitar and went to get my suitcase. I got my travel size things and placed them in a backpack that I was talking with me up on the plane, a cordless charger, headphones then sat on the couch.

I have to pack for London, for my vacation with the girl of my dreams.

Acadia:

After Vic left a wave of sadness just washed over me; I was too much of a coward to tell him and I knew that I was going to be a coward to tell him any other time. I wanted to stay with him but I can't now. While I packed everything in the boxes I couldn't help but to cry my eyes out every time I closed shut every individual box. The only things that I wasn't going to take was the bed and some shelves, those I was going to leave here.

I have to pack for New York, for my new life. A life without him.