.02

'Cause somebody stole my car radio and now I just sit in silence.

The music plays in my ears as I dance around the record store with my earphones in. I straighten up a stack of cd's and rearrange the vinyls in the correct order, but a certain one catches my eye. Picking up the record, I dust off the plastic and smile at the Pink Floyd album. The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, a classic record the very first studio album they made, and I'm about to put it on right now. Well I was until I feel it being pulled from my hand.

Ready to spew venom, I turn to the person with my finger in the air and my mount parted. But when my eyes land on the girl my jaw drops to the floor completely. She is literally the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen. Her blonde hair fell to the middle of her back, and she wore a purple dress that fit her perfectly. Can I even be mad at this chick, or should I just ask for her number?

"You listen to Pink Floyd," I say instead, pausing my music.

"Nah, I have no idea who they even are, but my friend Lisanna does," she replies, not looking up from the album.

My heart sinks at this revelation, well there goes any type of bonding I thought we might have. Gorgeous yet uncultured, how disappointing. I press play on my phone again and return back to reordering the vinyls. There isn't another one of those albums here, I was looking forward to listening to it.

A tap on my shoulder brings me from my work, and I look up to see the girl still standing there. Taking one of my earbuds out, I gaze at here expectantly and wait for her to speak. Instead, she holds up a finger and starts doing something on her phone. Furrowing my eyebrows, I wonder how she gets someone's attention and then tells them to wait. My eyes go to the record tucked underneath her arm, and I just want to take it from her. Why does she still have it if she doesn't even know who they are?

"Can you ring this up for me," the girl pipes ups, finally looking at me again.

Huffing lightly, I take the album from her hand and walk to the front counter. She follows close behind me, but she is more focused on her phone than the task at hand. I ring up her item, longingly putting the record in a bag for her. She's probably just going to hang it on her wall or some stupid hipster thing. We trade off the album for her money and she tells me to keep the change.

I watch as she walks out of the store, and wish I had bought the album for myself. Sulking back to my previous section, I look for another record to play over the system. Nevermind is my album of choice, and I head to the back to put it on. Once I place it onto the record player, I go back to my reorganization. Just another two hours and I'll be going home.

$ $ $ $ $

"You're in my room," I state, throwing my jacket on a chair, "why?"

"Just chillin out," Fiona shrugs, flipping through her magazine.

"I don't go in your room to 'chill', so what's the real reason you're in here?"

Sighing heavily, Fiona rolls over onto her side and looks at me. She wants something from me, that's the only time she ever actually comes in here. It's either that or she's telling me about something drastic. Let's see which one it is today.

"I need a favor."

"If I had a dollar for every time you said that, I would be living in a condo by now," I snort.

Fiona glares at me, her brown eyes boring into me. In that moment I saw our father in her, and it made me smile a bit. She's just as temperamental as he is, which makes me wonder, do I even fit in with these two?

"What do you want," I roll my eyes at her.

"Two hundred dollars," she mumbles.

My eyes bulge from their sockets, did she just ask me for money? We have a father who is practically rolling in dough, and she's asking me for money? A smirk etches its way onto my lips as think I about what reason she would need money from me, any other time she runs to daddy, so why not now?