.22

Taking a deep breath, I blow on her cheek again as we walk down the hall together. She laughs heartily as she wipes the saliva from her face, then rubbing it on my shirt. We were in a good mood seeing as we had gotten an A+ on our philosophy project, and were now heading toward the cafeteria for lunch. My arm is hung lazily around Porcelain's shoulder, and I realise how amazing it was to have her this close to me. She fit so snugly against my body, her own contouring to fit perfectly with mine.

"Dude, blow on my face one more time, we're gonna have a problem," Porcelain grins, hip checking me.

And just because she said that, I blow on her face again as we walk through the doors of the canteen. We laugh at ourselves, and a few heads turn in our direction as we stroll to an empty table. This time around only Wyatt, Selena, Landon and I have lunch together, but they get here later than I do. It will be the first time Porcelain meets any of my friends, and I hope it goes well.

For awhile we just sit and talk about random things happening in school, until I decide that I need lunch. We enter the line, and it seems as if from thin air, my friends appear behind us as well. The first thing I hear next to my ear is cooing sounds, and I turn around to Landon standing directly behind me. When he sees he has my attention, he starts to make kissing faces which makes Wyatt join in as Selena just glares at me. I roll my eyes in slight annoyance and amusement, but don't say anything about it. Porcelain doesn't seem to notice the idiots directly behind us as she orders her lunch, and I guess she's probably just ignoring them.

"Yo, Porcelain, when am I going to get an invite for the wedding," Wyatt asks, cutting me in line to stand next to the girl.

She shakes her head as she continues through the line, and I give my best friend a "what the fuck" look. He only laughs as he collects his food, and begins to ask what the wedding colours will be. Never have I wanted to shoot Wyatt or myself more than I do in this situation; I don't get how they don't understand that Porcelain and I are just friends. To my aching heart, it really fucking sucks, but to my a bit more rational mind, it's good. Of course it's been months since Lisanna and I have been together, but a relationship isn't what I need right now. Although I would fucking love it if she would date me.

The five of us take a seat at the table, and somehow I end up sitting between Selena and Porcelain. I notice the smile on Landon's face as he shoves a spoonful of pears in his mouth, but I choose to ignore his stupidity. We begin to talk about random things, and something pops into my head when Wyatt mentions the upcoming break.

"Porcelain, I just remembered this," I say, turning to face her as my heartbeat quickens, "my mother wanted me to ask if you would like to come over for Christmas."

Looking at me with surprise written all over her beautiful features, she opens her mouth but closes it soon after. I begin to shake my leg nervously as I wait for her answer, where the hell does my confidence go with this girl: out the window apparently.

"Yes, I would love that," she finally states.

"Dinner is with mamma this year, I'm coming," Wyatt exclaims.

I shoot him a glare that says, "no you aren't" but as always he ignores me. Saying he'll even bake a pie, he then begins to gush about how Taylor is making him a blueberry pie. They've started dating now, have been for the past two months and he seems so much happier. I'm glad that he's finally found someone who truly makes him happy, my best friend deserves the world and Taylor is giving him nothing less.

When I look at Porcelain again, I gasp to myself as I stare deep into her golden irises. I see exactly what I saw homecoming night: the universe, big, bold and just waiting to be explored. Inadvertently, I lean closer to her as I try to get a better look into her eyes, and then I realise what I'm doing. Stopping myself, I blink a few times as my eyes dart across her face the for a spilt second they land on her lips. Cherry red without lipstick, they look so sweet, so kissable.