.07

I fucked up. I shouldn't have walked out on her last night, I overreacted. Everything was just so much to take in, and I just couldn't take it. There was so much love and adoration in their story, you wouldn't believe that they had actually ever grew apart. They had something beautiful, and I feel as if I'm not enough for her. When she was telling me everything, I felt as though nothing I could do for her would ever measure up to Maurice. I felt like I was just a rebound, like she was just settling for me when she could obviously do better.

"Kal, there's someone here to see you," my father says, opening my room door.

"I'm going to put a fucking deadbolt on my door, because you people don't know how to fucking knock," I spit, standing up from my desk.

He looks ready to say something as I approach him, but I raise my eyebrow at him and he just turns away from me. Frank knows not to argue with me, he never wins and it always ends with him apologising. I jog down the stairs to see who it is, and my jaw drops a little. Lisanna is standing near the front door, with a teddy bear, and a bottle of what looks like champagne but is probably just sparkling grape juice. Making my way to her, I grab the things from her hands and set them on the ground. I pull her into my arms, burying my face in her hair and apologise about one-hundred times.

"It's okay, Kie, you didn't do anything," Lisanna says, pulling back slightly and looking into my eyes.

"This is not how I wanted our anniversary to start," I sigh, resting my forehead against hers.

I rub my thumb across the smooth skin of her cheek, and she smiles up at me. Her eyes shine brightly as she stares in mine, and a grin just splits my face in two. She's beautiful and she's all mine. Tilting her head up a bit, I bring my face closer to hers and place my lips softly against hers. Now this, this feels right, the sensuality, the sweet tenderness of it all is wonferful. I press her body firmly against mine as I try to deepen the kiss, and she giggles a little.

When we break apart, I step back and just stare at her. Her naturally wide brown eyes sparkle with delight, a grin splitting the smooth surface of her face, and her brown skin seeming to glow with the rest of her. Absolutely fucking gorgeous, stunning, amazing, beautiful, perfect, mine; she's everything I will ever need, and more than I could ever want. Lisanna Hallows just might be the love of my life.

$ $ $ $ $

"Do I have to throw these hands, because bitch I will," she snarls, and I even take a step back.

Everything was going so well.

Like I had planned on doing, I took Lisanna out for our one month, and as forethought everything was going so well. I let her decide if she wanted the movie or dinner first, and she picked the movie. So we arrive at the movie theatre, I pay for her ticket and everything else, because I'm not letting her pay for shit on any date we go on. Anyway, we make it through the movie with a few kisses in between, and are about to leave when we hear: "Weave wearing hoe," and also, "Monkey looking bitch."

Let me say, I have never seen someone's attitude go from gumdrops and lollipops, to smash skulls and break bones in less than a second. Mid-fucking-laugh her face went from sweet to sinister as she turned on her heels to face the girls. Of course it every one in the room made it clear who said it, by clearing the room and leaving two girls standing with smug looks on their face. My blatant curiosity wants to see how this plays out, my rational mind wants to try to stop this, but when it comes to me who always wins? Curiosity, if you didn't know, that's who always wins.

Two skinny white girls stand with their arms folded, smug grins on their faces as they stare directly at us. Lisanna strides toward them, sheer determination in her gait, and she was standing toe to tie with one girl. And of course she said that sentence.