.18

"Nothing happened," I say for the fifth time.

"Just tell us, Kieran, did you tap that," Landon says, nudging me with his elbow.

I run my hand over my face in exasperation, what don't they get about nothing happened? After golden eyes had found me last night, we sat in silence on the steps together. She had wiped the tears from my eyes, and then she sat beside me with her head on my shoulder. To say it was any less than comforting or comfortable, would be a lie; she put me at ease. And when I looked into her eyes again, I could see the whole fucking universe. I don't know how long we had stared at each other, but when we finally did look away I felt different.

Twenty minutes later the both of us were walking into the gymnasium, her hand holding on mine lightly. After that, everyone I knew went bat shit crazy; they nearly started a riot in the place. Landon spit out his drink, Wyatt passed out for a minute, and Andre (but for a different reason than I thought) literally flipped our table. Their poor dates had no idea what was going on, and I think Taylor thought Wyatt died. I've learned that she was new to the school, and no one has ever talked to her.

"Until you tell us otherwise, we're just going to assume you did," Wyatt states.

"I did tell you otherwise," I exclaim, throwing my hands up, "you just refuse to listen!"

"Bro, c'mon just be real about it, we ain't gon tell nobody!"

Shaking my head, I tell them they're crazy and stand up from the couch. I walk to the kitchen to grab a snack, and they all follow behind me with a new topic. Well Wyatt and Andre are on a new topic, Landon is quietly glancing about the room as he picks up random items. He's never been here, so I guess he's just getting used to it. Like I said, we weren't close friends, so why would I invite him to my house?

Biting into the apple I found, I listen to their conversation about football. I don't really know anything about sports, never found them that intriguing, so whenever it comes up I don't talk. This also makes me think about what I have in common with them, and it probably isn't much. But either way, they're still great friends and wouldn't find anyone better than them.

"Hey guys," Fiona chirps, and I turn my head to look at her.

She waddles into the kitchen with one hand on her stomach and the other on her back. Wyatt and Andrea chorus, "Hi Fiona," and tune back into their talk. Landon just stares at my sister in fascination, he smiles at her when they make eye contact and she returns it. After that, he joins Andre on who is the best receiver on our high school team. Fiona opens the fridge, beginning to squat down to reach something on the bottom shelf, but I stop her and get it. There are four guys in the room, and she thinks it's a good idea to bend down while she's pregnant, idiot.

"You literally could have asked for help, that's a thing, Isabelle," I state, handing her the pomegranate juice.

"I'm not in the mood for your sass, Anthony," she retorts.

"I don't care what you're in the mood for, now waddle back out and go to your room."

With an exaggerated huff and stomp of her foot, Fiona leaves the room and carries herself up the stairs. Landon stares at me with his mouth slightly open, while the other two just shrug as they play rock paper scissors over a piece of cake in the fridge. I am going to have to bring Landon here more often now, everything seems to be surprising him. Telling him it happens a lot, I suggest that we head out to meet Chandler downtown.

We had promised to meet her after she finished her job shadow in the courthouse. So we climb into Andre's BMW and he blasts the radio while I stare out of the passenger side window. My phone vibrates in my pocket, which tickles my leg a bit, and I dig it out as I look at the text message on the screen.