.29

"Okay, I think I got it but just in case, tell me everything again I wasn't listening," I say, quoting Lego Movie, but actually meaning it.

"Anthony, I swear for skittles, I'ma knock some sense into you," Porcelain grits, shaking her head in disappointment.

"I've been trying to for years," my mother jokes, rolling her eyes, "apparently there hasn't been any progress."

I scoff at her remark as I stop walking and put a hand on my chest in offense. My mother tells me not to be a diva, but I just flip my hair over my shoulder and strut past them. I can just feel both of them roll their eyes, so I stop in front of them once again and twerk. People are staring but I don't really care as I bring one leg up while clasping my hands together above my head, throwing my ass in a circle.

"Ma, make him stop," Porcelain hisses to my mother, but she just shakes her head.

"I had no idea his butt could move like that" she states.

A group of girls walk by, and they staring extra hard so I stop and stare back.

"Boo, mufucka," I snap, rolling my neck and pulling my hand close to my face.

They scamper away, and my mother hits me upside the head as she whispers 'language' while passing me. I rub the back of my head as Porcelain grabs my hand again, and we begin our walk through the mall again. She tells me she's going to wring my neck if I ever do that again, and I just smile like I don't know what she's talking about.

We walk into a store with dresses and suits lining the walls, and on manecans that have no heads. It looks like someone threw up glitter and synthetic fabric, then sold it for outrageous prices. But neither women cared as they instantly went from rack to rack, it looked like one of those scenes from an anime where the character moves around the room at lightning speed. I watch as they run up to each other, both holding dresses in their hands, and squeal as they bounce up and down. My girlfriend has turned my mother into a teenager again, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Without warning, I am being dragged to the back of the store by the collar of my shirt and sat down in a soft chair. Porcelain has a pile of dresses draped over her arm, and my mother has her own as well. Both women step into a changing room, and I groan as I pull out my phone to busy myself as they change. They step out together, scream excitedly at each other and then turn to me for some sort of confirmation.

"You both look beautiful," I say, glancing up from the phone for a second.

"I knew Andre would have been better help," Porcelain states, causing me to slowly put my phone down.

"Your brother doesn't know the first thing about women's clothing until it comes down to taking it off, if you want someone to out-do me in that area try Landon."

Her eyes become wide as she looks at me, and my mother seems just as surprised. Sighing heavily, I apologise to both women and give my honest opinion on the dresses. With a short nod, Porcelain walks back into her stall and I run my hands over my face in exasperation. I didn't mean to snap at her, I just got frustrated because Lisanna's name popped up at the top of my phone screen. Porcelain has made it clear that I am only to interact with her when completely necessary, especially since we are helping her with last minute preparations for her wedding in two months.

I read the text, and shake my head directly after. She's going to get the both of us killed, and I would like to live to see my nephew go to kindergarten. Deleting the text message, I lock my phone and watch as the girls step out of the changing rooms again. I raise my hand in the air and wave it side to side, green isn't Porcelain's colour and yellow isn't my mother's. They go back into the changing room, tossing the dresses over the top and come out again.