.34

It's odd to think, that I would be standing on the same alter as my ex-girlfriend and her soon to be husband, but here I am doing exactly that. A few months after the engagement was announced, Maurice had asked me to be one of his groomsmen, and not wanting to be spiteful I agreed. If I didn't know myself any better, I would say I have a heart of gold, but everyone knows that just isn't true. Granted though, I am a great person just to a certain extent.

The smile on my face is ever present as I watch Maurice slip the diamond ring onto Lisanna's finger, and it's genuine. Believe it or not, I'm happy for the both of them, they'll be the perfect couple. One thing I can't help but notice, is the silver plate on her wrist as Maurice holds her hand. Even on her wedding day, she wears the gift another man gave her, there should be some type of superstition about that. Like wearing a gift from another man on your wedding day leads to three years of horrible marriage, something like that. It makes me wonder why Maurice never made her take it off, maybe it doesn't bother him?

Seeing how happy Lisanna seems is scaring me though, because after all this time of messing with my relationship, she looks like she's about to jump over the moon. Once the priest said those six magic words, she cups Maurices face in her hands and kisses him on the lips. I can hear the words 'I love you' fall from her lips about ten times, but I have to look away once when she stares straight me as she says them. Finally they leave the alter, and the wedding party slowly follows after. People cheer as the lovely couple passes their seating rows, and I smile when I spot Porcelain in the crowd.

Although she wasn't invited, I was allowed to bring a plus one and of course it was going to be her. Maurice wasn't the happiest about hearing the girl who had beaten his fianceé was coming, but he didn't object to it so that's all that matters. Porcelain wasn't exactly thrilled herself, and it took a lot of convincing (especially since it would violate her probation and restraining order) but she eventually agreed to it. I probably shouldn't encourage her to break to the law, but I didn't want to suffer through the ceremony alone.

"You looked handsome up there," a feminine voice whispers in my ears.

Turning around, I smile at my beautiful girlfriend and wrap my arms around her waist.

"I try, baby girl, who know next time it'll be us," I say, happily kissing her lips.

She hums softly into the kiss, and then I feel myself being tugged away from her by the collar of my jacket. Porcelain giggles as I struggle to get away from my overly strong best friend, who is dragging me to a limo waiting at the bottom of the church steps.

"Let's go lover boy," Wyatt snaps, chuckling as he continues to pull me along, "we've got photos to take."

"I'll meet you at the reception," I shout to Porcelain as I am practically shoved into the back.

She waves as the doors shuts, and I fold my arms over my chest as I scowl at Wyatt.

"You ain't gon keep man-handling me like I'ma sack a flour, nigga. I will fight yo big ass," I sneer, and he just laughs at me.

He begins to talk to one of the bridesmaids across from him, and I stare out the dark tinted windows as we drive. I don't really know anyone here except for Wyatt, the bride and groom, and Camille, who hasn't even glanced my way once this whole time. It doesn't bother me any really, I never liked her to begin with but I've learned she's stopped sleeping around other people's boyfriends; it's gotten her a few points from me.

We arrive at the destination for photos, and a deep frown sets onto my face. Lisanna did this, and it makes me angry, because I saw it as a special place. She obviously doesn't, but now that all of these people are here, neither do I. The sentiment is gone, and I try to keep my emotions at bay as I smile for the camera. With each click of the camera, my smile slowly fades and I no longer can pretend to be happy about this. The camera clicks again when I look down the line at the smiling bride with a wave of disdain washing over me. Inconsiderate bitch.