1.

"Nya you look beautiful tonight . What are you wearing ?" I looked at the blue eyes staring at me. Actually if I'm being honest everyone's eyes were looking at me. I really didn't want to be here at this charity event. Not because I didn't care about charity but because I didn't care to be around these stuck up assholes. I never liked coming to these events and if I had it my way I would stay home. But my husband Jason Smith was a high profile business mogul. He had many successful companies and his many shares in stock . So being as well known and established as he is ,going to parties like these were beyond common. I'm just not sure when I will finally get use to this.

"Thank you Julie, you look gorgeous as well . I believe this dress is by Channel." It was Jason's hand lightly squeezing my side that made me answer her. "She does look beautiful ." Justin said before snuggling his face into my neck. "Try not to look so bored. That's very embarrassing and I don't need that shit tonight." His words were mumbled up against my neck but I still heard him. I wore a tight smile while I took in his words. I didn't want to start a fight . He rose his head up from my neck slowly. When we were eye leveled he gave me a soft kiss.

"Awww look Leo they're so cute ." Julie squealed. If only she knew how it really was behind closed doors. If only she knew how angry he can get. If only she knew what happens when he blacks out ..."Let's dance honey." Jason smile while excusing us from his friends. Walking to the dance floor I tried to fight an eye roll that was eager to be let out. I hate dancing and he knows that. Once we were among the other couples that were gracefully gliding he pulled me close to his chest. "I don't see you looking interested ." He spoke lowly but harshly all while maintaining that perfect white smile.

"Jason you know how I feel about these type of events." I said softly. I had to keep telling myself not to let my voice go up any louder. "But when are you going to start actually trying to like them. We been married for 5years and have always come to things like this. Stop acting like a baby and get your shit together !" Jason hissed in my ear. I was about to say something when I felt someone tap my shoulder. When I stopped dancing and seen who it was I did release an eye roll. "May I take over?" She asked smirking at me.I wanted to cuss her out but Jason spoke before I could. "I would love that." I didn't have to look behind me to know that he was smiling. I sent a fake smile before walking off the dance floor avoiding all the stares I was getting .

I walked over to the bar in a rapid pace. "Make me anything you want just make sure it's strong and it's dark ." I begged to the bar tender. My words came out so fast that they sounded jumbled. He lightly laughed. My eyes danced over his appearance. His hair was neatly slicked back and he had a amazing smile. I watched as he put together my drink when I noticed that he had tattoos on his hands . They looked very realistic. I wonder if he has more . "I do actually. I have a lot ." He said. I looked taken back. "You said that out loud." He smiled. "O-oh." I stuttered embarrassed. "They look great." I mumbled. "Thank you. I wouldn't expect anyone in here to think that ." He was blushing again. I scoffed. "I am nothing like these people in here." I put emphasis on nothing.

I looked at the dance floor as I took a sip of my drink. There they were . Jason was with her looking as if she was his wife . As if they were madly in love. They probably are. Melanie Banks. I hate that name. It's a name that's forever in my brain. She was everything that this business , Jason's family wanted. Came from a big city, wealthy family, great education back ground plus a few experiences with modeling. She had long brown hair, plump pouty lips that were probably injected with a lot of silicon , very slim figure with long model legs. Me and her were far from different. I guess in a way she was better . I was short , too curvy , from a small town , definitely wasn't from a wealthy family but we weren't poor and most importantly I'm  African American while Jason is white .