12

Melanie's POV

Lately I've been busy with work. I was constantly in meetings or conferences . I've been flying back and forth to different cities meeting very important people in the business world. With all this running around I barely had time for myself. All I ever did was work work work . The only good thing is I work for one person now and that person is the love of my life. Jason Smith. Damn I loved him so much. Ever since he asked me to join his company we been closer than before. We always got along great together because we both had the same smart mindset . He begged me to take the day off and claimed I work harder than him now but that's not true. He's the most hard working man I know. I just don't want my beautiful to be taken for stupidity.

I am very intelligent and I take pride in my strong morals. After Jason kept pouting and begging i agreed to take the day off. He even made me take his card so I can have a full day of pampering . Which is why I am here in this upscale nail salon. "Hello Ms.Banks. It's a pleasure to work with you." This beautiful young woman said to me while taking a seat across from me. I took in her appearance and she seemed to look a little too young to be nail tech.  "Hi. Thank you for doing my nails." I smiled politely. "How would you like your nails ?" She asked. "French tips please." I handed her my hands and she got to work. "So are you from around here?" She asked . "No I'm not." I replied .

"Your very beautiful by the way." She said changing subjects quickly. "Thanks ." I smiled. "The reason I said that is because I can tell your not wearing makeup." She chatted away. "What's that supposed to mean ?" I narrowed my eyes at her. "Your skin is pale, your eyebrows need to be filled in but besides that your flawless. Those eyes are mesmerizing ." The young girl said while focusing on my nails. I didn't know to be offended or not. Before I could respond she started talking again . "So is your man paying for this ?" I looked at her in confusion. "Um are you suppose to be asking me that?" I snapped. The young girl looked at me and shrugged. "How old are you anyways?" I asked. "I'm 18 years old. I only asked cause all the woman that come here usually have rich husbands or sugar daddies pay for this." She said bluntly going back to my nails. "What's your name kid?" I asked her. "Lilly." She said simply. I nodded my head. I'll have to keep that in mind when I report her ass to her boss. "So you have man or no?" Lily asked. "Uh...yeah. I do . We're taking things so slow." Lily arched her brow while still filing my nails. "That means he must not be interested in taking things to the next level if your "taking things slow."  I rolled my eyes. No it's more like he's married to some black slut . "Actually him and I dated before . We were even engaged but I ended things with him to peruse my career ." I stated proudly.  "Wow independent chick. I like that." Lily grinned at me. She finally stopped talking long enough to finish one of my hands. That is until she gasp loudly.

I nearly jumped in my seat and looked down at my hands. Nothing was messed up and it didn't seem like any polish had fell over. "What's wrong ??" I asked her worriedly. I than heard a lot of whispers going around the salon. I followed Lily's stare until I felt myself freeze. "Jason and Nyla !" I whispered yelled.I closed my eyes hoping that my eyes were playing tricks on me. And that Jason wasn't possibly here with that bitch.