18

Jason's POV

All through my lunch break with Melanie I kept thinking about Nyla . I can't believe she was just here with another man ! Who was that asshole ? Why the hell was she creeping around ? I had so many questions and ways I want to handle the situation but honestly I'm not really sure what I'd like to do about this. Melanie just babbled away talking about our relationship and about how she can't wait for my divorce to happen. I just nodded my head so she'd think I was fully listening .

Back at work I finished up some paperwork and decided to pop up on Nyla at the house . Since she was probably still out with whoever that piece of shit that would mean I can beat her home and call her ass out or maybe see if she's bringing dude home when I'm not around. Me coming home from work early doesn't ever happen so she won't even be expecting me. Especially since I'm basically 4 hours early . Melanie wasn't too thrilled about me leaving so soon but she didn't give me a attitude about it. Instead she just kissed me and focused back on work .

The car ride home was irritating. My blood was already in the process of boiling . I just wanted to catch her in the act. I'd kill her and that son of a bitch right there. My mind kept thinking back to subway. Seeing Nyla took me completely by surprise . I wonder if she seen me ? No if she did she would of ran up to me especially since Melanie was with me. She would of wanted to know what I was doing there with her and all that extra stuff. Had Melanie not of been a coughing mess I would of never turned around and seen Nyla walk out the door .

Walking into my home I seen the usual workers busy at their own separate task . I went to my office and sat my briefcase and coat down on my desk. Afterwards I wondered around my home in search of my wife. I didn't want to ask anyone where she was cause than if they saw her before I did they'd warn her I'm looking for her . So I took my time and walked around my home and admire the interior. I walked into the kitchen and seen Nyla humming to herself while she got something out of the fridge.

 I didn't wait for her to acknowledge me first before I greeted her

I didn't wait for her to acknowledge me first before I greeted her. "There you are." I said walking up to her. She grabbed a thing of juice than smiled at me. "Hey Jason ." She walked over to me and hugged me. I took this time to inhale her sent to see if I smelled any trace of men cologne but nothing. She smelled like her usual delicious self.  "What are you doing home so early?" Nyla asked pulling away from me. "I came home to check on a few things ." I shrugged.  "Oh yeah , like what ?" 

I watched her bring the glass up to her lips as she waited for my answer . Wouldn't you like to know . I rolled my eyes. "Doesn't matter ."  Nyla shook her head silently and finished up her juice. "Are you hungry?" I asked deciding to ease into the point. "Mhmm I could go for something little." She shrugged. "You ate already?" I tapped my foot annoyingly ready to jump down her throat. "Yeah but that was way earlier." 

"So what you have to eat earlier ?" I walked closer to her with my arms crossed.  "Just egg whites, sub,and an orange." Nyla said. "Was the sub good ? " I pressed. Nyla was about to answer when my work phone went off . "Jason Smith." I answered smoothly not taking my eyes of Nyla. She just looked at me innocently with those big brown eyes . "Good afternoon this is detective Lee. I got your inquiry about an investigation." The man spoke over the phone. A smirk spread across my lips. "Who's that?" Nyla whispered to me. "Hold on one second please," I spoke into the phone before putting it on mute. "It's an important business client so of course you know I have to take it." I turned off the mute button and continued my conversation. Nyla stood there for a moment and I felt like she was trying to hear the voice of the person on the other line of the phone. So I dismissed Nyla with my hand . I saw her roll her eyes but I ignored it for now .