16

Nyla's POV

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. I must of turned a little too fast cause my head started spinning. "Jason?" It came out like a question. I wasn't sure if he was really there or if it was just the alcohol having me imagine things . Jason leaned against the outside of his office door with an amused expression on his face. "Where were you?" He asked . His eyes quickly danced down my body. I looked to the ground for a second before returning to his intimidating expression. "With Cassie. We had a few drinks." I said leaving the part about Tosh being out with us out of the conversation.

"How did you get home?" Jason started to walk slowly towards me. "I took an uber of course." I shrugged casually trying to hide the fact that I was scared shitless . "What are you doing here?" The words came out fast and I instantly regretted it. Jason's assumed expression turned annoyed. He stopped walking. "I fucking live here." I just nodded my head quickly. Why the hell would I ask him that ?! I meant ally slapped myself. "Your totally right." I said still stupidly nodding my head. "What have you been doing while I was away is the real question?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Worrying about you.  You didn't return any of my calls ." I bravely stated. "I was busy ." He dismissed. "Yeah right." I rolled my eyes. Jason walked the rest of the way to me until we were face to face. "What's that suppose to mean ?" Jason's eyes grew darker. "You could of called me back."I spoke softly . Jason smirked. It was clear he could sense the fear growing on me. "Yeah well like I said I was busy."

Him and I stood there for a moment staring into each other's eyes. "Are you cheating?" I boldly asked. My question took Jason off guard for a second. He looked taken back but than got himself together. "Your drunk love. Let's get you to bed." He grabbed my hand and lead me in the direction of the stairs . "I'm not that drunk ." I frowned. "You gotta be drunk to ask me something like that." Jason laughed. "It's not funny Jason." I lightly took my hand out of his grip and stopped walking behind him. He stopped as well and looked at me in amusement . "You honestly think I'm cheating? That's funny because I could say the same shit about you." He challenged.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "What?" I said in disbelief.Jason just narrowed his eyes at me and than started up the rest of the stairs . I quickly followed behind him. "Jason ! Jason !" I called after him. I stumbled a little but caught up to him. He was already in our room loosening his neck tie. "Jason you think I'm cheating ?" I asked him . He ignored me and continued to undress. "Babe I never cheated on you." I said . "Why would you think that I'm cheating ? I would never do that to you or to us. I love you so much. Yeah I get mad at you but I wouldn't dare step out of our marriage!" I defended myself . I couldn't believe that Jason accused me of this. Where was this coming from ? "Baby." I placed my hand gently on Jason's bare back. Jason turned around and looked at me. "Baby I didn't cheat. I would never." I whispered stepping closer to him.

"Why would you think that I'm cheating you ?" He asked . "You left with Melanie and you never came back." I said as if it was obvious. "She's my assistant Nyla. I had went away to focus about on work and of course she had to come too. She had work to do." I had a hard time believing Jason right now. "Why did you have to go away for such a long time to focus on work when you have an home office and basically run the company ?" I asked .

"Do you not believe me?" Jason challenged again. I was hesitant to answer and that made Jason laugh to himself and shake his head. "If you don't trust me what are you doing with me?" He asked. "I-I do." I stuttered. "No you don't." Jason laughed. "I don't trust how close you and Melanie are." I admitted . "She's my assistant nothing more." Jason shrugged. "Sometimes it doesn't feel like it." I rolled my eyes. Suddenly Jason grabbed my hand and lifted it up so that it was in front of my face. "You see that big ass rock on your finger , you have the ring. Not her. You have this house , I take care of you finically and give you any and everything you want , you have my powerful last name . Be grateful. Appreciate it . Love it . Bask in it. Women would kill to be in your position. Your upset over an assistant but I'm married to you . Why must you be so insecure ? Be confident. Grow up. You can't be this fucking stupid. Don't you ever insult me this way again." Jason demanded. He dropped my wrist aggressive and than walked to the bed. "Night." He said . I was left standing there dumbfounded . I didn't know what to do . I was drunk and confused and frustrated.

The next morning I woke up with a slight headache. Rolling over I saw that Jason's side of the bed was empty . In fact where he slept the sheets were neatly made up already.I climbed out of bed and put on my gray romper.I walked down the stairs to see different people that worked for us walking around tending to their duties. They quietly said good morning to me while I passed them making my way into the kitchen. I didn't see any signs of Jason so I walked further .

Jason was already awake and having his morning coffee with his paper in the tea room.I felt sluggish and had a slight headache . "Goodmorning ." I said softly joining Jason. I sat on the couch across from him .

He continued to look at the news paper

He continued to look at the news paper. "Hungover?" He asked not taking his eyes off what he was reading. "Mhm just a little." I admitted. He used his hand to motion one of the maids over. They sat a glass of cranberry juice and two tablets I'm assuming were Advil . "Thank you." I smiled. I took my medicine and gulped my juice. "What's your plans for today?" That question took me off guard . Jason hardly ever asks me what my plans are. "Oh ..I'm, well my plans are pretty basic." I answered . I haven't figured out what I wanted to do today . "What are you doing today?" I asked him. I was low key happy for this small talk going on. "Going to work like I do everyday to support you." Jason sat his paper down and looked at me. It did make me fidget under his gaze.

I didn't really know what to say. I guess he was still upset with me for asking if he was cheating.Jason didn't say anything else . He just finished his coffee and than stood up. "Okay I'm leaving ." I quickly got up and walked after him. "Jason!" I called . He was typing on his phone but stopped for a second for me to catch up. "I meant what I said last night . I'm not cheating. I would never." It was important to me that he knew that. "And I meant what I said when I said you need to be grateful for what I've given you. You got money, a ring, my last name, this house. It's pretty ungrateful to bite the hand that feeds you. Think about that." And with that he walked out the door .

I frowned. I was very grateful for all that Jason's done for me. I'm not sure what made him think that I wasn't . But I didn't like that he felt that way. Where did it even come from. I walked back up to my bedroom and sat on my bed. Now what ? Just as if someone read my mind my phone rang . I picked up my phone and saw it was Tosh . "Hello." I answered . "Goodmorning Beautiful." I could hear the smile on Tosh's face as he spoke. "How are you?" I asked. "I'm fine . How are you?"

"I'm alright . Thanks for asking." It was silent for a moment and than I heard Tosh clear his throat. "So I was wondering if we could meet up today and work on that project . The gallery is coming up so we gotta finish up soon." I smiled at the idea. Finally I'd be able to get out of this house ! "Yeah defiantly . That sounds really great. I'm excited." I admitted. I got up and headed to my closet . "Wow okay ." Tosh laughed. "I thought you'd change your mind on it." I went through outfits that were hanging up trying to decide on which to wear for the day. "Why would you think that ?" Tosh took a slight breath before answering . "I don't know. You been going through a few things in your personal life. So I wasn't sure if you still would be able to help me out."

"Oh no I'm sorry Tosh. I don't want you feel that way. Yeah I'm going through some things but I made an commitment and I'm more than happy to help you out ." I said honestly. "Great . Thank you Nyla . Let's meet where we last worked together." Tosh and I agreed on a time than hung up. I excitedly got up and started to get ready.