20

Nyla's POV

I was sitting in a chair while I got my makeup done just constantly going through my thoughts . I had to use a friend of Jason's to come do my makeup thanks to the bruise me placed on my face. He feared that if I went to anyone else than they'd start "assuming" things and making assumptions. The special occasion was our annual Christmas party. Jason threw this big, fancy, expensive party for all of his employees..even surprisingly down to the cleaning crew .

Everyone was talking about it and asking me millions of questions about it. Sadly I could never answer their questions because I had no clue myself. I had no interest in throwing fancy parties. I rather have a planner and that's what I got . Of course that made a few stuck up bitches gossip about me but who cares . I know that the planner will take care of everything and make things perfect .This is a fact because for the last few years we've been working together and each year it's gonna be more better than the last .

After I was finished with makeup I got dressed. Jason had got this designer to hand make me this special dress . It was pretty but I didn't feel pretty. All the makeup and clothes didn't make me feel pretty . How could I when I know what's under all the makeup ? Bruises. I was tired of always being beaten. My beautiful body constantly was under stress and harm . Jason is abusive .  I am in an abusive relationship. It's not nothing that I didn't know before I just didn't want to accept it . But standing here all done up , getting ready to face the world or Jason and pretend nothing's wrong just made me feel ugly and stupid.

I stood up from the makeup chair and silently thanked the artist

I stood up from the makeup chair and silently thanked the artist. I made my way out of the room and down the hall to the top of the stairs. I heard what sounded like hundreds of voices lightly chatter with one another in good spirits . I didn't want to do this .This wasn't me. I made my way slowly down the spiral staircase . Once I came into view a few guest looked at me with big smiles. The men drooled and the women gave me mixed looks. I plastered on a closed lip smile . After I made myself known to the party I just walked around and fake chattered with people. Jason's co-workers were big ass kissers and they all craved Jason's attention so they tried to get good in with me. Typical. I would normally entertain conversation but this time was different. I barely said a word. They would go on and on and I would sip on my champagne staring dumbly at them. None of the bullshit that came out of their mouths was even close to entertaining or hilarious. Some did get the hint with my silent treatment that I didn't care so they would awkwardly end the conversation and back off. 

I saw Melanie standing with a pair of Jason's co-workers gawking at me .I could visibly see that they were talking about me but this time I didn't give a shit. I just wanted to leave and I was actually considering it .  Melanie's eyes quickly left mine and searched the room until I saw them light up. I watched from a distance Melanie run her stupid ass up to Jason pulling him from a conversation he was having and dragging him over to the girls. The small circle exchanged some words than I saw all eyes look at me. I rolled my eyes and downed the rest of the alcohol that was in my glass and turned my back to them. "Sweetheart !" I heard Jason call . I rolled my eyes again . "Baby . Baby I know you hear me . Come over here sweetheart please just for a moment." Jason pleaded . I slowly turned around and walked over to them . Melanie's face was getting redder by the moment and was sending me the most deadliest stare I ever saw in my life . 

"Yes Jason ?" I answered once I was beside him. Jason than pulled me slightly close to him and pinched my side . I was use to this type of "punishment" or whatever you wanted to call it . "Ladies this is the designer dress I was telling you about at work ." Jason explained . The two women smirked at me and nodded their heads in approval . Melanie than shot Jason the same look she gave me a second ago but I think his might have been worst . "Oh really Jason ?" Melanie snapped at him. Jason looked at her with an unamused expression. "The designer in Paris ?" Melanie started to tap her foot impatiently as she talked to Jason . Jason sent her a knowing look clearly only the two of them knew meant . Figures . I laughed at my pathetic marriage . My husband and his hoe arguing or having some couples fight in front of not only me but two of my husbands employees.  "Fuck you Jason !" Melanie whispered yelled for only our small circle could hear . Melanie stormed off and Jason just rolled his eyes . "What was that about ?" I asked looking at all three of them. Clearly this was an inside joke or something that they knew about . " Nothing sweetheart . Melanie is just having a bad day ." Jason laughed . He walked off without another word . I think he's heading to the bar or maybe after his hoe . I didn't care at this point . I excused myself from the two ladies and walked off as well. I was getting the hell out of here. I unlocked my phone and called a familiar number . "Hey....I'm sorry am i interrupting something?...are you sure ?....can I come over for a little please ?....Great I'll see you soon ." I hung up and smiled . Fuck this place .