23

Nyla's pov

When Jason's speech was over everyone applauded than slowly started to go back too mingling and observing my photos. My eyes went to look for Melanie but she had clearly took off. The look she gave Tosh sent chills down my spine . Did she know him? He's never once mentioned any friendship with her or association . It made me feel weird that was for sure .More than a few people came over and complimented my photos . Jason was in his zone smiling at everyone acting as if this really didn't piss him off. He kept tabs on me the entire time. His arm was wrapped around my waist but not in a painful way but more like he was afraid id disappear. I hadn't seen Tosh. He excused himself and stormed off somewhere once Jason handed him the check . I definitely was not expecting Jason to donate any money. I actually was waiting for Jason to kill him. But I should of known better that . Too many people around and business associates. He doesn't want to look like a complete mental case . I know that Tosh was beyond angry. Even though Tosh constantly showed me his sweet side I definitely seen his ugly side as well from time to time. The friendly thing to do is to see if he's okay but I definitely could not do that at this exact moment with Jason here.Besides I was in feelings myself because I had no idea how Jason found out about this . Tosh is the one that handles everything with this event down to the guest list. Would Tosh purposely invite Jason to prove some kind of point ? I had no idea what was going on but I did not like it at all.

A business associate approached and I heard Jason muttering curse words. I took this opportunity to quickly grab 3 shots from the server walking past . I turned around and downed them, gagging instantly but I fought the burning sensation and took them back. I tossed the empty glasses in this plant that was beside me. "Sweetheart?" I heard Jason called . "Mhmm?" I asked jumping at first. Jason narrowed his eyes at me than cleared his throat . "Do you remember Mr.Baily?" Jason asked me. I looked at the middle aged white man in front of me. He was in a suit like Jason looking very professional. "Of course I do." I lied reaching out to shake his hand. Theres so many business associates and partners I meet they all look the same.

Instead of shaking my hand he leaned down and kissed it . "Your an angel ." He smiled . "Thank you." I said as nicely as I could . I put on a fake smile like I always did . I hated constantly pretending around Jason's business people. "Jason never talks about how beautiful his wife is . I'm surprised Jason I really am." Mr.Baily laughed looking at Jason but glancing at me often. I could tell he was really amused. I could see Jason getting annoyed with this man already. "Thank you but you don't hear me talk about her because I like to keep business life and family life separate ." Jason answered professionally. Another server walked past and this time I boldly took the shot in front of Jason and his friend . I threw it back and smiled at Mr.Baily once feeling my insides start to tingle. This was shot number 4 and I could feel myself becoming intoxicated by the minute now.

Jason growled at me lowly while Mr.Baily looked impressed . "I love her already Jason . Bring her around more." Mr.Baily winked at me before walking off . Eww gross. Old fat perv . The man literally looked at me like I was a piece of cake. I wrinkled my nose in disgust as I thought to myself. Jason suddenly grabbed my hand and lead me away. I glanced around the room to see if I saw Tosh anywhere but i didn't see him. I frowned knowing that Jason was basically going to try making me leave. "Jason where are you taking me ?" I asked still being pulled behind him. His grip was tight on my wrist now but his face still wore a friendly expression.If you didn't glance down at our hands you would of thought there was nothing wrong. I know the show Jason was putting on in front of everyone was fake.We were still in the building with people watching so Jason couldn't show his real evil side. "I-I can't leave ." I stuttered. Shit I think I'm drunk. "Like hell you can ." Jason snapped . "No I can't ." I tried pulling away which made Jason stop abruptly. I stumbled into his chest slightly . "You can't what ? " Jason said lowly. His eyes were now turning dark. I knew this side that was about to be released. "I can't leave and I'm not leaving ." I said bravely shrugging my shoulders. Alcohol courage I suppose.