CHAPTER 18: Friends?

An: Mentions as promised, @crazyyreaderr @InchunaBaral @crystal304 @itsaperfectstory mansi032000

I have no clue why only one of you is getting tagged. Its spelling seems right to me.. ok enjoy

:)--------------

I got up early the next day and finished taking a bath in record speed. I then pulled out my favourite black crop top and ripped jeans from my closet and put it on. I put on my silver charm bracelet to complete the outfit. I then brushed my hair.. but again fluffed it up because it looked too weird. I then picked out my favourite sling bag. What can I say, I love sling bags. I then looked at myself in the full-length mirror and felt satisfied with how I looked. I then raced down the stairs and entered the living room. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look up at me with their jaws hanging open. Nikki was the first to break the silence.

"You took a bath..?" she asked with wide eyes. Come on people, was it that tough to believe?!

"You actually dressed up?" My dad asked with narrow eyes. Don't worry guys, I'm not as bad they make it seem.

"You're wearing such a cute bracelet" My mother cooed, placing her hands over her heart. "Hmm I thought you didn't know what they were.." she said with a shrug

"Did you sort of brush your hair?" Conner asked from the side as he slowly touched my hair from the behind. I swatted his hand away in annoyance.

"She's actually wearing a trendy bag which matches her dress too." Shawn said as he examined the bag. I pulled it away from his reach and he shrugged.

"Why are you dressing up all of a sudden?" Tyler asked with his head tilted to the side.

"Is it for a guy?" Mom asked in an excited voice.

"Seriously?! I want you to change into those nineties outfits you usually wear.. right now!" My dad's overprotectiveness made its appearance known.. wait a minute, that's what people think about my dresses? Ugh!

"Thank goodness sis, you're finally taking the effort" Nikki piped in

"Listen Gabby, you should never change yourself for a guy. If you think you have to change yourself for a guy, that is not the guy for you at all" Shawn said in a philosophical voice. When the hell did he get so wise?!

"You are growing up too much for your own good sis. The grounding isn't working" Tyler said with his head in his hands...and I exploded

"What is it with all of you?!" I flared up. "If I dress too little, you call me a tomboy and tell me to act like a girl, if I dress too much, you still find some fault in that." I took a deep breath before continuing. "Should I dress up only for a guy?! Maybe I'm dressing up just coz I feel like it. Ughh, why are you all so judgemental? Not everything I do has to be related to a guy" I said slowly. Everyone looked at me with wide eyes again. I just huffed out before grabbing a sandwich and walking out. Okay, I admit that it would have been a lot cooler if I had said something like 'I'm not hungry' or 'lost my appetite' like most heroines do in movies but.... a girl needs her food!!

What I said was maybe a lie, but not completely. Since I was early anyway, I decided to walk to school. They definitely crushed my joyful mood. I pulled out the sling bag, put it into my shool bag and then pushed my hair behind my ear as I sighed and took slow steps looking down.

"Hey! Wait up!" a voice said behind me. I turned around to see Ethan jogging up to me. He caught up to me and we started walking together. "Wassup?" he asked, surprising me for a moment.

"Nothing.." I mumbled out.

"Well, my bike wasn't starting and mom was using the car.." he trailed off. "What about you?" he asked cautiously. In case you're wondering, Ethan can sense if someone is feeling bad. When we were kids, he could see straight through my fake smiles and he didn't use the distraction method to cheer you up, he used the 'face your problems' method, which I won't lie ... made me want to kill him!