Chapter 1

HEY GUYS!!! Giselle here well I just wanted to say that this is my first book! And if you read this please!! Comment and vote!!! Love you guys!! ENJOY!!

-Giselleee!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

I woke up to my 5yr old little brother Daniel jumping on my bed.

"Vivi! Vivi! Get up its time to go to school!" He yelled while jumping

"Uhhh" I groaned

"If you stop jumping on my bed, I will get you candy once I come home from school today, deal?" I got up out of my covers just in time to see him run out of my room. I chuckled, strange little boy.

Well let me tell you about my self, my name is Veronica Sanchez and I am from Georgetown, Washington D.C

I am an orphan, as well as my little brother Daniel.

my parents died in a plan crash, I miss them but there honestly is no difference from when they were alive other than the fact that my brother and I became orphans.

It isn't as good as you probably think it is. It's actually worse, I being the eldest in the group have to clean the house, pick up the kids from school, get groceries, etc. But the lady who "takes care of us" although it's mostly me, beats us because the bitch is fucked up enough to get drunk every fucking night.

That's why I have bruises all over my body. Yes I cut, I'm not proud of it, I'm actually disgusted by it.

but i don't know what else to do. I have to protect my little brother and the other kids but its too much for me to handle, plus the bullying at school.

Now back to the present, I get up off my bed and head towards the bathroom. I strip out of my clothing and take a nice hot relaxing shower. The shower is the only place I can really clear my mind and just calm down.

I scrub my hair, body, and my 14 ft wings and finish my shower.

Oh I forgot to mention my wings Oops, well basically I don't know how the hell I got them.

They just started growing out of my back and I think my parents knew about it, but never told me how I got them, I think they put it in me or maybe my parents might have wings too.

Well I don't know It's just there, and yes I know how to fly, I don't do it a lot because I'm scared of getting caught.

I hate my physical appearance as bluntly as it sounds but its true, I look in the mirror and I look into dull, sad, depressing light green eyes. I'm not fat but I'm not skinny. I have light brown curly hair that comes mid-way of my back. I'm not pale, I'm a some what a tan color but not a beach tan. I see my wing" sticking out and wet.

They kind of hurts since the lady kicked me repeatedly but I'll be fine as soon as i get to school. All I can see is bruises, all over my arms, legs, and one on my cheek. I have so many scars on my wrists and some new fresh cuts.

I get out of the bathroom and put my under garments on, I grab my regular blue jeans from american eagle with a white floral printed knitted sweater from forever 21 and put my white vans on.

i tuck in my wings tightly to my back and make sure nothing is sticking out of my sweater.

I have a tattoo on my lower back of an infinity sign, and a belly and lip piercing, yeah I never told the lady from the orphanage about the tattoo nor my belly piercing. she would've forcefully gotten my tattoo lasered off and would've personally rip out my belly piercing.

Although i never told her about my wings, God no she would've sent me out to get tested.

But she didn't do anything about my lip piercing, thank god. uhh what's her name...?? Oh yeah Sarah uhh just her name makes me want to do so many things to her.

I quickly go to the bathroom and braid my bangs and then grab all of my hair braiding it and putting it into a side bun. I quickly put some concealer to hide my bruises on my face and on my arms, I know it's weird but I have to cover up my scars some how, I don't like bracelets they hurt, thats why I wear sweaters or long sleeved shirts.

I quickly got my black jansport back pack, car keys, and took out the charger from my iPhone and tucked it in my butt pocket and head down stairs to make coffee.

"Good morning Veronica" Sarah was sitting on the table drinking beer while reading the news paper.

I just sighed " morning" I said looking down while getting my cup of coffe.

" don't forget to pick up the kids today after school" she slurred

" I won't" I mumbled

"What!?" She yelled

"I said I won't forget" I said a little louder through gritted teeth

"Ok, see you after school slut" she said while taking a sip of her beer and returning to read the news paper

I just left and stood at the bottom of the stairs and called Daniel, Emily, Kate, and Zack.

They all came running down the stairs with smiles plastered on their faces ready to head to school. I quickly checked my iPhone and checked what time it is.

"Oh shit" I murmured I quickly put my phone into my back pocket and put on a fake smile, "ok little troopers, lets quickly get in the car and get going! Go go go go!" They all giggled and ran to my car holding the door handle and pulling as I unlocked the doors and everyone got in.

"Everyone has their seat belts on?" I looked in the back and they all saluted me "yes ma'm" I chuckled and was on my way to the elementary school.

"Vi vi?" Zack asked from the back

"Yes honey?"

"My shoulder really hurts" he said I could see in the rear view mirror that his lips quivered and was close to tears

"Zach what happened?"

Silence

" Zachary honey you have to answer me, what happened?"

" Sarah pushed me into the wall" he whispered barley audible. I look in the mirror again to see tears coming down from his face.

This broke my heart into a million pieces knowing that I could've stopped it but I was asleep, I thought he was asleep too. I sighed, my grip tightening on the wheel.

We quickly got into the school parking area and I parked the car and quickly got out of the car. I see Emily, Kate, and Daniel trying to comfort him. I grabbed his hand and picked him up, setting him on my hip and he wraps his tinny little arms around my neck and buries his head in the nape of my neck crying his little eyes out.

" shh baby it's ok shh I'm going to protect you ok I'm here don't worry baby it all gonna be fine, if it keeps hurting go to the nurse tell them you fell ok?" I was rubbing his back as he was calming down, the other kids watching me.

He looked at me with such sadness in his eyes making me just wanna take him away from all this mess but not only him all of them but I knew that was not possible.

I'm almost 18 just 4 more months and I will take all of them with me, away from this hell hole of place they call "home"

"You ok baby?" I asked quietly and softly

" Mhhh we should go now I'm sorry" he said looking down as I set him back to the ground.

" no baby it's not your fault ok? None of this is your fault. Don't ever apologize to something you didn't honey, okay?" I said kneeling down to his hight

"K" was all he said as I grabbed his hand and the rest of the kids grabbed the others hands as we headed to the student drop off area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH GOD I FEEL LIKE ITS HORRIBLE :( but whatever I hope you guys like it so far!!! Vote and or comment my beauty's!!!!!

- Giselleeerrr!! :)