Chapter 1: The book

CHAPTER 1

*L, for Lemons after words!! ;)

*Prim was above me holding me from hands and knees so I won't move. Foxface appeared holding in her hands nightlock. She started throwing them inmy mouth and I couldn't close it*

I woke up in the couch I had fallen asleep last night. I sat on it and started counting backwards from 100 to 0. "Doc's helpful words" I though. As soon as I calmed I stepped on the shower feeling the cool water run over my skin. Spring had arrived with the warm weather. I looked myself in the mirror noticing the black circles under my eyes. I avoid it and return to my bed finding my black clothes.  I worn then and started heading to the kitchen when I heard the back door opening. "Good morning sweetie" Greasy Sae said with a smile "Morning Sae!" "Oh my god, Katniss. You look exhausted!" she said worriedly. I sigh as an answer. She wouldn't understand If I was about to tell her.  Moments later the door bell rung and Sae went to open the door while I was making coffee. "Good morning my boy, you're here in the right time. Katniss is making coffee!" Sae said and I realized that she was talking to Peeta. "Good morning Sae. Coffee huh?" he said with a small laugh as he walked in. The smell of warm bread fill the house in a pleasure way. "Good Morning Katniss" he said leaving the basket with the bread in the counter behind me. I turn to face him and realized that his eyes had black circles under them too. "Morning" I said giving him a small smile. I made the coffee, Peeta brought the bread and Sae cooked us. It was a typical morning. While Sae was bring the dishes with the eggs Peeta leaned and whisper to my ear. His hot breath made me jump on my seat. "You look tired. Nightmare series too?" I looked at him and nod in answer and he nod back saying to me that he understands. And he does. Because not only he is dealing with nightmares but with flashbacks too.  He and I know that now we are living alone, we are feeling much weaker from the nightmares. Mine are getting worst and doubled, there are nights I can't sleep at all. Peeta's flashbacks fortunately are getting lesser and better. Today I wanted to ask him something. Something that would have asked him a month ago when he first came back in district 12 nut a flashback hit him. It was big and bad. He ran home and locked himself in. He didn't come out for two days. I was worriedly looking through my window to his house but everything was dark.  I shallow hard in the thought of that and asked him straight without looking at him. "Peeta, do you mind help me with something?" Peeta looked at me as it was a kind of trap but he agreed giving me a lovely smile that made me bit my bottom lip. He didn't ask any questions. He just left to go to the bakery he was re-building and came to my house on late afternoon. We greet each other and he sat on the floor with his back pushing the sofa. I ran to my room and grab the large heavy book and left fast that I almost fell down the stairs. I walked in the living room and sat next to Peeta.

"So, what is it?" he asked first.

"Do you remember the plant book of my family?" he nod "I was thinking of making something like that for the people we...lost. You know to remember them..." I avoid his eyes waiting for a flashback to hit him or him to tell me no. But he just said yes. We made a list of the people we would write about. For the most tributes we didn't know anything. This made it harder. But that was the harder night of my life... Thinking of all those people that died because of me... because of me and Peeta... Because of us...

    After that night, and the rest of the month's nights we were staying awake for hours. We had almost finished it. Peeta's draws were so amazing that sometimes it was like they were standing in front of me-in smaller size. But then a day, It was late afternoon and I was waiting for Peeta to come. I had just came out the bath, my hair still wet and I was only with my bathrobe when someone started knocking the door like crazy. I ran down and opened the door. Peeta cam in almost running with his breath really fast and clumsily hugged me. I left him hugging me for a while and then I saw his red eyes. He was crying.

"Peeta, what happened?" I asked him worriedly

"Family..." he said I looked at him without understanding but he keep saying.

"FOXFACE! HERE!!" he screamed. And it hit me. Many people from other districts were moving here and Foxface's family was one of them. I was shocked. But Peeta kept saying fats. "Careers... all of them..." and then I lost my balance. I fall down to the floor. Cato... Clove... Glimmer...Marvel... All of them. I had kill them. I wasn't able to speak and I thought I wasn't breathing at all. Peeta and I were sitting in the floor unable to move. And he hugged me. And I hid my face on his neck trying to get lost in his embrace. He knew that this is what I needed. With this he let me know that I wasn't alone. And then I must have fallen asleep in Peeta's arms. Because when I woke up in tears from a nightmare Peeta was there to comfort me. Both of us had many nightmares that night. Many of them were really bad, but we had each other to get comfort. Like we used to do in the Victory tour. And then I realized how much I had missed his strong arms around me, his lips on mine, his body against mine...