Chapter 3: Love, fear and day after day

*I don't own the hunger games! So, as I promised this chapter is bigger. Actually is much bigger, But I thought it's really good! ^^

Finally some Peetniss moment! :D

We wanted to show them our respect in every way. So Peeta was giving them warm bread and I was giving them, fresh game. We were avoiding the fact that we had to ask them about their children so a day, Mrs. Maisy –Foxface's mom, invited us for dinner. I was so nervous! I was literally trembling. I couldn't even focus on my hunting. I had even forgotten to look at the snares. I was totally out of mind! When the time came my heart was beating faster than ever. Being invited by the mother of the person you killed. I was guessing that Peeta was in worst situation than me. Probably!

I wore a blue dress Cinna had sent me. I was so much greatful that he wasn't dead. As it seems Plutarch had helped him run away to another place out of Panem when I was still in the Arena. I braided my hair and while I was opening my door to leave I pumped into Peeta. He was watching me with such a desire and hunger that made me blush. "You're gorgeous" he managed to say and slipped his hand to hold mine. We walked to the orange looking house and when we arrived he looked at me. "How I look?" he asks. I laugh a little and stroke his yellow shirt where his stomach is. "Good-looking" I answer looking in his eyes. Then he leaned over and whispers to me before he rings the bell: "you too". Mrs. Maisy opens the door and greets us with an unexpected happiness. While we were eating she was telling us everything for her daughter. As it seems Foxface... I mean Finch was really clever. Back in their district she was the first in her class, she knew how to select the poisonous fruits from the good ones. And that made me think... If she knew about the nightlock, why she ate it? And then I got it. IT was a thought that had come into my mind a few nights after the arena. I had seen her in the training center choosing the good fruits like a master, she must have suicide. That time I thrown away that thought but now I was sure that this is what had happened. I thought she was going to cry or get mad but instead, she seemed happy talking about Finch. She was proud of her.

"The fish is really good-cooked Mrs. Maisy" I could see that the whole time he was trying to impress her or something. She thanked him and offered us some tea to the back yard. We nod in answer and head to the back yard.

As soon as I stepped in the green grass I had been left with an open mouth. It was wonderful. Green grass, rocks with amazing grey colors, hidden lights between them, lakes with fishes and in the corner a small place with some chairs and a table made of steel. I stayed staring at the beauty of it but Peeta showed me the way to the chairs. He sat in a chair in front of me and never loses eye contact. Mrs. Maisy appeared and sat in the chair between us and started serving tea. With her she also brought a plate with biscuits. I got one on my hand and instantly realized that it was Peeta's. We were talking, and she was smiling so friendly, that you would have never guessed that we had being in the hunger games with her daughter.

"Peeta, the biscuits are amazing! You have to teach me how to do them!" Peeta's eyes widen for a moment, I was shocked too but then he nod in agreement.

"Are you thinking of getting married?" She asked innocently while drinking her tea. Hearing that Peeta and me choked. We cough a couple of times; Peeta swallowed hard and shook his head in answer. Mrs. Maisy put her hand above her mouth in disbelief.

"You are not lovers, right?" Peeta was looking the ground so this time; I shook my head for answer. She was looking embarrassed away, knowing that she wanted to say something and before saying anything Peeta spoke. "Say it... We were doing this for so long. It's ok..."

"I would bet that you were lovers. I mean, not after all those kisses ... not even when you got engaged ... no I mean" she took a deep breath and continued "I mean, after the kiss in the Quell. I could even bet!" I swallowed hard avoiding Peeta's gaze. That kiss, that was the kiss that made me realize. It was the kiss that made the warmth into my heart turn into hunger. Hunger for more of him. I was really dump to understand that before. We fell on silence as Mrs. Maisy was trying to figure out what and why. When in her face was written the underestimate, Peeta broke the silence.