Chapter 10: Death feels desirable

A/N: I am so so so so sorry. You will see why... *sigh*

*****

The phone at my house couldn't stop ringing from the day we got engaged "Congratulations!"

Everyone in the district were saying,If they were about to see me. It was hard when I was going to trade.

People would take my hand and look at the ring. Then comments like "aww" and "It's beautiful".

I tried to hide it under my sleeves so I will avoid it but it was impossible. They realized it every single time. When I will pass them the game or when we will shake hands. It was a little annoying so I tried to hide it on my pocket once.
I ALMOST LOST IT.

Damn it pockets!

"About time, don't you think?" so this was said by Mrs. Masy. I was waiting it for her. She was really friendly with us. She was from the people that were really happy to see us together.

For real.

But I was shocked when Tulie, Avery, Jack, Velvet, Mr. Max and Mrs. Georgia told me that. I had gotten used to them keeping their distance from me but since we had to live in the same district they started becoming slightly friendlier with us.

Except Seez.

I don't really think he will ever be friendly towards us. I don't blame him. He has every right.

"Finally, huh?" When I heard my mother saying that I started coughing. It was a shock and mostly because when I called her it was on the speaker and Peeta was next to me. He patted my back while laughing.

He was the happiest person about our engagement. I don't say anything.

He told me straight.

"I was imagining this moment since I was five" he said and kiss my forehead
"You are saying this and I feel guilty!" I answered and frown, "I only wanted this to happen since we started working on the tribute book!" I add. It was shocking for him. I never actually told him when I started felling for him. I guess it all started in the victory tour. When we became friends. But I realized it when I almost lost the Peeta that love me. It was when I kept watching him drawing the pictures for the book.

"WE KNEW IT!" Annie and Finnick shouted in the phone. Alright, that freaked me a little. But I like that they were happy for us. Finnick said he knew it. Annie said she realized it. Ok, what are they? WIZARDS?

"You aren't kidding me, right?" I didn't really expect something more from Haymitch. But I really think he is happy for us.

Well, deep down at least.

These are the basic people. Cinna and Portia also called. They were really happy. They kept talking to us on the phone for hours. Mostly Portia talking to Peeta. Cinna knows, I wouldn't like to sit on the phone for hours talking for something I am a little shy of.
I really like that I am engaged, and I will actually get married. Thing that is mire frightening than it sounds like. But I don't... I am not... I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT! Let's just say that Peeta and I were talking to the phone for hours and hours. Even Caesar Flickerman called us. Well, someone took a picture of me wearing the ring and everyone in the Capitol went cray-cray. Literally.

"Katniss! Hey how're you?" a familiar voice said

"Who is it?" I ask and look at Peeta with a confused look.

"Caesar Flickerman here, dear!" he said in a little offended tone.

"Oh. I am sorry Caesar!" I say sarcastically and rolled my eyes.