Chapter 9: Will you?

A/N: Point for me, for finally wrting this chapter. Enjoy.

****

I don't understand why he had to leave.

She told you he needed to go to his house

Yes. He is staying with me. But not "Officially" I mean keeps his clothes to my bedroom. But his things are in his house.

I shook my head and throw my bow and quiver in my house with my game bag nearby. I really want to just walk to his house.

Like right now!

'Hold your horses Katniss!' I say to myself and force my legs to walk upstairs. I throw my hunting clothes in the corner of my room with my boots nearby and get in the shower. I stand under the hot water for a while, clearing my head from everything. I take the soap and started cleaning myself from the blood of the animals. Fortunately this time I managed to get some game. Not much but it was good enough to give to the butcher.

When I started feeling the water getting cold I held the towel around me and get out of the shower. Quickly I dry myself out.

I walk to the drawer and stand there searching my clothes.

I don't really spend too much time on clothes.

But this time, I want to wear something nice. I take from the drawer a long sleeve, green dress that I haven't seen again.

I take the paper in hands and I start reading what was writing. The hand writing is familiar to me.

"Dear Katniss,

                      I made this dress for you. It was supposed to be for the victory tour. I am sorry I never had the chance to give it to you. Peeta said your favorite color was green and he insisted to still give it to you. I know you don't like dresses, but it's a gift from us.

Love, Cinna and Portia"

I stroke the soft fabric with my fingers.

It's beautiful.

Without second thought I wear the dress quickly and I wear my hunting boots. I braid my wet hair and walk fast downstairs.

I don't know why. But I am excited for seeing him.

I walk outside and walk to the house in front of mine.

I can hear laughter from inside and when I knock the door it instantly stops.

What the heck is going on in there?

After a few second of waiting a young woman covered in floor opens the door. I can feel the blood going faster through my veins but I relax when I realize who she is.

"Delly!" I say and smile. Her hair is in a high ponytail away from her white face. When I say white I mean floor. Floor everywhere.

"Katniss, I would have hugged you but your dress is so beautiful!" She says happy as always. I walk in deeper the house.

"What is going on here?" I ask and look around the house.

"Just Peeta and I... baking" she says and laughs a little. "Come in" Delly fast adds and lets me walk deeper in the house. She leads me to kitchen that supposed to have light grey walls, but now they are covered with floor.

How much "baking" they really did?

"Delly, are you coming? I promise not to attack!" Peeta's voice is heard from behind the counter. He has his back facing us but then he turns to face us.