Chapter 2

John joined Jake and Mike, another young warrior that belonged to Emily's pack, in the living room of the compound. The space was simple, with just two big black couches, a simple blue rug on the dark wood floor and a shelf with some books. The walls were plain white, but for them it was the most comfortable space at the cold building.

When John entered the space, he realized that both males had already turned the place upside down during the hour that he was absently. Laying around were near ten cans of beer and four big empty boxes of pizza.

The males looked at him.
"You still have one pizza in the kitchen." Mike said, turning again to the TV, where a boxing match was playing.

His stomach growled, remembering him that it was a good idea to feed the wild demanding beast, that lived inside his body, before it started to protest. Telling the others to wait for him to watch the movie, he turned in the direction of the kitchen. His mind played the events in the forest and he had to admit that he was surprised that Luke had let him go without a punishment.

He grabbed the box that had an entire pizza inside and took it to the living room. Laying on the empty couch and placing the box on his legs he opened it and grabbed one slice.

"What are we going to watch today?" He asked the males.

"I was thinking that we could watch 'Fight club'." Jake said playing with the control that was on his hands.

"Good movie. Let's watch it then." John said, finishing with the first slice and grabbing the next one.

Their peace was short lived. Half an hour later, Luke entered in the living room, his face serious.

"What are you watching?" He asked the group, while pushing John's legs out of the couch and siting next to him.

The young male was opening his mouth to protest, but the cold stare that Luke gave him, cut all words from his mouth.

"So... What are you watching?" Luke asked again, opening a can of beer.

It was then that John realized that his friends were staring in shock at the older male. It wasn't normal to see one of the three high ranking wolves around the compound. Usually they stayed at the mansion as a big family.

John decided to speak before the guy got pissed and made them run just for not answering a stupid question.

"Fight club." He said, turning to the TV.

"I never thought that I would say this but you have good taste for movies." Luke said before taking a sip from the red can.

Luke had decided to come to the compound because after what he had seen in the forest, his wolf wouldn't shut up a second about his mate. He wanted to calm himself and even when he didn't want to admit it, John's presence was enough to make his beast relax. He didn't like that one bit, he hated it even, but he knew that there was nothing he could do to change their fate.

A shame. He thought. He would gladly do a dancing ritual or cut his wrists to have a female as a mate.

Shut up!!! His wolf growled angrily at him.

He faked paying attention to the TV, well, he really wanted to watch the movie, but what his eyes were searching was actually the male beside him.

John was completely relaxed, his back and head laying against the soft black pillows and his legs up in the small table that was in the middle of the room.

He scanned his clothes. The excuse he gave himself was that he was checking if the warriors could keep their clothes clean. The real propose was that he wanted to memorize every part of the male.