Chapter 14

Luke and John reported to Kyle about the events during the night. Their group had been the only one to cross paths with the strange man in the forest.

"You don't remember that man at all?" Kyle asked John.

The male shook his head.

"I saw him for the first time at the burger."

Kyle was silent for some minutes.

"Could be some rogue?" He asked Luke.

"I don't think so... they smell different and this man wasn't impregnated with that awful smell."

"Did I smelled so bad when you catch me?" John asked surprised.

That made Luke and Kyle laugh, even under the serious situation.

"Don't worry... Your scent changed since you started living with us." Kyle answered.

"I find it exotic..." Luke teased John and the male blushed.

"Ok Ok love birds... you can go." Kyle said the newly couple.

Before they could go out of the door, Kyle said one last thing, directly to John.

"He will come back, we all know that... and when he comes, we will deal with him."

John and Luke went to their room to rest. After the long night in the woods, they were completely exhausted.

John took some time to fall asleep, but Luke's arm around his chest, helped him to calm and close his eyes, drifting off to the sweet darkness.

The following days were completely event-less. Kyle had warned the whole pack of the possible visit from a stranger, so they would be prepared.

Mike and Jake now passed their whole time at the mansion. Apparently Mike had some skills with kids and babies, so when Callie and Marc wanted some time for themselves, he would stay at the house taking care of the young pups. Jake was more somber and apparently was terrified of the small monsters. He panicked all the time that Mike left him alone with Alex, when the male had to change the diapers of little Jeffrey.

Luke and John had a good time watching the two of them argue about that.

Jake would always say that Mike didn't have to clean the baby since it wasn't so bad the smell, just to not be left alone with the energetic kid.

Kyle and Emily had decided to stay at the mansion every night, since they wanted to be in the pack in case the stranger show up.

The man returned during day light and these time, he didn't came alone. With him, came a small female.

They waited at the east border, not daring to cross without someone of the pack. They knew the rules. If they crossed it without permission, they would be killed. That wasn't their goal. They had come with a purpose and it wasn't to hurt the pack or hurt themselves.

"Do you think they will know that we are here?" The female asked, looking around.

"Yes Mary, they will know." The man answered, not looking at her. His eyes were scanning the trees for any sign of a pack member to show up.

"Do you think that is really him?" She asked again, balancing on her feet, her mind full of doubts.

Garrick looked at her then. He had met Mary when her parents were still alive. Luckily for her, they had took her to his place the night of their fatal destiny. Garrick was older than Mary, but he had known that she was his mate since her yearly years. That night, she had come to his house to play with his little sister since they were the same age. Each time he looked at her, he thanked her parents for bringing her to him that night.