Chapter 10

John managed to convince his friends to let Luke join them for movie's night. Jake and Mike liked the guy, but he was still their superior and the fear that he ignited each afternoon, apparently was still clouding them during the other hours of the day.

Luke never grabbed John's hand in front of the others. He didn't want to make the male run from him.
One of the nights when Mike and Jake had already retreated to their rooms, Luke was ready to return to the mansion, when John grabbed his hand to stop him from getting out of the door.

"Sleep here tonight." He said, looking at the floor.

"Is not a good idea, John. People can see us, they can sense my presence, so they will know that I spent the night in your room." Luke explained, turning again to leave.

"Can I go with you then and sleep at the mansion?" John asked again. He was feeling too agitated. His wolf was submerged in an electric state since that morning and he didn't know why. What he knew for certain was that he didn't want to spend the night alone.

"Are you sure you want to do that?"

"Positive." John didn't even hesitate.

Both males went to the mansion, John's resolution never wavering.

In Luke's room, John asked if he could take a quick shower before going to bed. Luke waited for him to return. He had always slept naked, but since his mate had decided to pass the night there, he decided that at least he needed to put some boxers on.

When John got out of the bathroom, his wet hair along with just the towel covering what was down his waist, was a sight that Luke didn't wanted to see at that moment. His body reacted immediately to that vision and he cursed.

"Put something on and get into bed. It's late and we need to wake up early tomorrow." Luke said, his voice more huskier than he intended.

"Ok big boss!" John joked. He knew plenty well what was happening to Luke. He could actually see the change on the sheets that couldn't completely hide the erection that the male was experiencing. Strangely, he didn't felt that it was wrong. In the end, Luke was his mate and when he grabbed the male's hand earlier, it had been his way to show to Luke that he had finally accepted their destiny. That didn't mean that he was able to talk and show it in public. No... For that he needed more time.

John deliberately let the towel fall to the floor, exposing himself to Luke's stunned face.

"What are you doing? There, I have some boxers on the first drawer." Luke said, pointing at the corner.

"Oh, come on Luke... No need for that... We are mates after all..." John teased, but went to pick some boxers to put on.

"Is that your way of saying that you accept our relation?" Luke asked, unable to hide his curiosity.

"Kind of..." John replied while walking to the gigantic bed.

He went under the covers and they lie there for some seconds, both staring at the ceiling.

"Are you fine with us sleeping together?" John asked, turning to Luke.

"Yes John, I am."

"Even when we don't do... You know..."

Luke nodded and turned off the light.

"Goodnight mate." He said.

John searched Luke's hand and grabbed it. Immediately his wolf calmed down which would permit that he slept.

Luke understood the gesture not asking questions.

"Goodnight Luke." John said while closing his eyes.