Chapter 4

It didn't took long for them to be enrolled in the useful bed and desk of the small nursery room.
After finishing, Barbara and John were breathing hard, both looking for their clothes that were laying on the ground.

He decided to join the others in the fields. The sex had been the best recovery he had received in many years. He didn't care that his body had the thick smell of the female and the fluids that both had shared. When he stepped outside and approach his colleagues, Luke and Marc looked at him, their faces pissed.

The Beta said something to the other male and Luke went to the mansion, not saying a word.

That day, Marc filled Luke's shoes pretty well, making him work hard and in the end of the night, he wasn't sure which one of them he preferred to run the training program. Luke at least let them rest for half an hour. Marc, on the other hand, didn't care about their rest time or if they were hungry. The male was as solid and cold as a rock and all warriors were amazed to see him change with his mate and children.
How was that possible? That a man so strict, could sometimes behave like a sweet bear.

When the training ended, the first thing that John and the other young warriors did was to take a long hot shower. Luckily, someone had cooked for them and when the males entered the kitchen, the smell of house made soup reached their nostrils. That night, they were so tired that nobody had the strength to watch TV. Their beds never seemed more inviting than ever before.

At two in the night, John woke up with the same howl he had heard the night before. When he looked outside his window, the grey wolf was laying on the bushes as if he wanted to be near him. He thought it strange that the wolf was able to cross the borders without being noticed, but he struggled that away. Looking at the beast, wondered if it was a lone wolf that had decided to make camp beside the compound.

Something made him call the animal, forcing those dark eyes to look directly at him.

"Hey budy! I don't think you are so comfortable down there. Would you want to come inside?" He asked. He never had a dog or other pet in his life, and since that wolf was so eager to lay near his window, he could at least enjoy the company of it. Maybe he could play with the big ball of fur. Looking at the wolf he automatically knew that that would be impossible.

The beast didn't move or made a sound. Apparently, he preferred to be outside in the cold. Grabbing a blanket and a pillow, John climbed out of the window, landing on the ground beside the grey beast.
"Ok then, I will sleep here with you. Probably it wouldn't be a good idea to take you inside anyway."
The wolf remained quiet while John placed the blankets around himself and the pillow under his head.

"Come here." John said, patting his legs. The beast hesitated, looking at him as if he was stupid.

The truth was that he was feeling a bit alone in the pack. He had his friends yes and a lot of pretty girls, but his friends couldn't fill the companionship that he was lacking and the women were just a release of some sort. He was eager to find his mate, to fill the emotional part he so much wanted to fulfill.

He patted his legs again, a way to reassure the animal that it was safe to approach.

The wolf blinked twice before going to John and fall on his lap.

It was the most closed contact that Luke had till that moment with his mate and even if he didn't want to admit out loud, it felt good, it felt like home.

Of course the male was still oblivious to their special bond, but he felt John relax more.

They fell asleep together and Luke didn't took John to his room as he had done the night before. When the morning came, John woke up with the head of the wolf near his face. The beast was still sleeping, but when he stirred slightly, those dark eyes opened and he stared at John as if he was printing that image on his mind.