Chapter 3

Next morning when John woke up, he was on his bed. He didn't remembering going there during the night and he was convinced that he had fallen asleep outside in the middle of the bushes that surrounded the compound. Shrugging the thoughts away, he went to the kitchen to have a quick breakfast. He counted the days till he had night patrol and he was relieved to see that it would be in five days from then.

Jake and Mike were at the table already devouring the cake that one of the women of the pack made everyday for them. It was delicious, with tons of chocolate on top and little pieces inside.

John was so hungry, that he picked up three big slices for himself. He made some orange juice and a big coffee so he would be able to be awake and with strength during all daylight.

"What are we going to do today?" He asked his friends, while eating some cake.

"Luke didn't told us what would we do." Usually it was Luke that was responsible for the training, but sometimes Marc would join him on the fields and help his friend.

When all young warriors went outside, the fields were still deserted. They were almost considering the possibility that there would be no training, when Luke got out of the mansion with Marc following him behind. Two small dogs ran outside along with a small boy.

John looked at the Beta. The man had changed his mood completely. Before, no one could see a smile on his face and now, the male was showing his teeth in a happy way quite often.
A woman could do miracles... John thought, thinking of his next birthday. He remembered the faces of all available women he had met so far in the pack.
Most of them were not old enough to know who their mates were and he doubted that the ones that were, would kept it quiet for so long if he was their mates. Werewolves could be a bit possessive and he was sure that those females weren't as different as the males.

John sensed that he was being observed, so he looked around to see which one of those that were present was making him feel that way. He found Luke's eyes on him and a small shock ran down his back.

"That guy is creepy..." He told Jake and the male laughed.

Marc and Luke explained the rules of the fight. Everyday they both came with new rules and shit for the new warriors to practice. Today wasn't different. The only rule they gave them was not to kill the opponent. They would be aloud to use both extremities to fight and they could hit every part of who they spared with.

They formed groups and Mike was the one that had to fight with John. Since the male was older than him, he was better built and had more strength. It wouldn't be easy but John wasn't used to have his life facilitated.

They started the fight and the first kick John was able to give was on Mike's stomach. The male growled in pain and almost threw his breakfast out, but he recovered fast. Since then, the fight got more intense. Both kicking and punching each other at the first opening they saw.

It continued like that for awhile, but eventually, Mike kicked John where the sun doesn't shine and he lost his balance. The pain so strong that he bent his knees and fell to the grass. Mike didn't stop there and he send him a kick on his head. Stars danced behind his eyelids and the last thing John saw was Luke grabbing Mike by his throat and sending him far away from him.

Luke almost lost it when he saw John in pain. His instincts kicked in and the next thing he remembered was to send that male far away from his mate. Marc prevented him from doing worse to the guy. Hurriedly, he picked up John's unconscious body and started walking to the small nurse station that they had in the compound.

When he placed the guy in one of the beds, John didn't even stir and worry built inside his chest. He forgot constantly that the male was younger than the others and he wasn't a fair opponent to that kind of training. Cursing, he turned to the small nurse.