Chapter 15

Months had passed, and I confirmed to the media that I am pregnant. People around me are so supportive and wishes my child well. It made me feel so elated to get positive feedback from everyone— from my fans, to my friends.

I sipped lukewarm tea with Lainey, until I looked down below me to see a puddle of water. 'My water just broke!' I panicked. Labour is sheer torture and to be panicking was perfectly normal.

Lainey quickly dialed the ambulance, stating that my baby was ready to come out of me. Then a group of people crowded around me. They helped me up onto the sofa, as they handed me water, and some workers helped mop the floor.

The sound of the sirens were heard, and soon, I was delivered the the hospital.

'Lainey, I'm scared' I cried, with tears sliding down my cheeks. 'I know, Cari. I'm here for you' She said. 'Hold my hand' Lainey said. I panted and gripped on her hand. 'Do you think that you'll make it through?' She asked.

'Yes' I answered. 'Then, if you could still feel my hands, know that you're still alive' she said. I was pushed through the emergency room, and felt dull pain spread throughout me. I screamed in agony, while still feeling my breathing growing heavier.

'Where's Denis?' I asked. 'He's on his way' Lainey stated. I gripped on her wrist tightly. 'I'm here!' Denis shouted, causing Lainey to sigh in relief.

Then, the pain made my insides feel crushed. 'Push out!' The doctor demanded. I grunted loudly as I tried to push put, and tears slid down my face.

After restless moments of screaming and yelling, baby Anthea was brought into this world. Mom, Tanner and Lillian came to see the new family member, Anthea Helena Shaforostov.

'She's beautiful' mom gasped, crying silently. 'Carina, I'm an uncle!' Tanner cheered. I giggled lightly at the two. I looked up at Denis and smiled softly at him. I pecked him on the cheek and sighed.

Anthea was silent as I cradled her against my chest. 'She's really silent' Lillian whispered. 'I know' I giggled as I looked down at Anthea lovingly.

Denis soon cradled her, and smiled ear-to-ear once she was in his arms.

'She's beautiful-- she has her mother's eyes' he gasped, in a loss for words.

'D-dad isn't here..' My voice drifted off. Mom looked at me with a frown. 'A family member is a person who places their needs after their family. He's not with us. We have each other and we should cherish that' she smiled.

'I will love my children and my granddaughter with all of my heart and would do anything to satisfy them' she smiled.

'Carina, you're going to be a good mother' Denis smirked. 'Of course Denis, and you're going to be a brilliant father that won't be like my ex, Adrian' mom assured.

'Thank you, Ms Fanning' he blushed.

'Please child, call me Hilary' she smiled warmly.

+++

As soon as we left, a group of people rushed into us with their cameras and the flash blinded me. I covered Anthea's face, so she it wouldn't affect her sight. 'Hey, have some respect here! Go away!' Denis snapped, shoving a camera man harshly on the chest.

We left, and Denis started the car. The people dashed to catch up with us, and I heard Anthea whimper. 'Assholes' he huffed, 'There's a newborn and you couldn't give this amazing, tired mother a rest'

'They're doing their jobs' I informed, 'But in a really shitty time' I added.

As we entered our apartment I caressed Anthea lightly.

'Are you tired?' Denis asked. I nodded my head in response. 'Get some rest, I'll take care of Anthea' he said. 'Thank you' I sighed, 'you're the best'

'No, you are' he smiled lovingly, as he planted a kiss on her cheek.

Things are going so perfectly.