Chapter 13

It couldn't be my Liam...it couldn't be him...please, Lord, let it not be my Liam. I gave Kade a pleading look. He sighed, seeing my expression. He looked rather stressed. "Go upstairs, love," he whispered in my ear. "I'll meet you back up there when I'm done with the Alpha." He sent me a reassuring smile.

I nodded without hesitation. I didn't want to find out if it was him or not. I ran up the stairs, sending Kade a smile. He grinned back, winking at me. I turned away, blushing. I continued to walk back to his room.

Once I found it, I threw myself onto the bed. I found myself thinking about the times Liam and I ha together. Our first date was at the beach. It was beautiful. The sunset was visible far out on the horizon.

The day he asked me to be his girlfriend. We were eating at a restaurant with Zoë and Malisha, my two best friends at the time. He'd even given me a beautiful amber promise ring. That ring was now far out in the icy ocean.

Then the day he asked me to be his wife. I was so happy. I thought we would have a chance to grow old together. He had taken me back to the beach, where we had out first date when he proposed. This time, though, the silver moonlight hit us.

Then the wedding day. I was ecstatic...until he came into the ladies' room with a mischievous look in his eye. No one was in with me. I figured he wasn't drunk because web he came to kiss me hungrily, I didn't taste any of that...and then he did what ended me up here in Alaska.

"Kelly," someone snapped. I shook my head to clear all of these nonsense thoughts. They were all in the past. Liam wasn't here now. No, there were many people in the world name Liam.

I looked up to see Ky wearing her signature annoyed expression. I sighed. "Yes, Ky?" I asked, putting my hands under my chin to look at her. "Kade and Alpha Liam want to see you," she muttered, then walked away.

I slowly walked out of the room, my heart pattering in my chest. Kelly! Get ahold of yourself! This wasn't your Liam. Calm down... I couldn't calm down, though. Even my logical and more calm side was having its doubts.

After what seemed like a split second ( damn time ), I had reached the backyard. I could feel Kade's presence, probably mate thing. I could make out two figures. One was obviously Kade, the other...well, we'd have to see.

I slowly walked away from te sliding doors. I had to find out if this man was Liam or not. Kelly, stop it! He's not Liam, I promise! It can't be...it can't! I refuse to think that it's him.

"Babe," Kade's husky voice whispered in my ear as I joined the two men. "Is this him?"

I looked closely at the man. He looked nothing like my Liam. He had dark red hair, that sported a tail at the back of his neck. He had light stubble around his chin, and even a small mustache. But there was one feature that caused me to freeze.

He had the same deep purple eyes. He had told me they were contacts. No one on this earth that I've met had any other contacts like this. Nor any natural eye color. My eyes widened in shock. It was my Liam.

"I-I..." I stammered. I looked up at Liam. He was smirking mercilessly at me, making me whimper. "Kade, Im going upstairs..." I pointed at the pack house.

Before he could object, I sprinted for the sliding doors, which were still open. I slammed it shut after me, locking it behind me. Like that would do any good. I dashed up the stairs, not even looking back.

Once I reached Kade's room, I hopped into the bed. I felt terrible. I left my mate out there with a psychopath. He must be debating in whether to throw me out or not, die to my horribleness.

Someone knocked on the door, which I had locked for my safety. "Who is it?" I squeaked, fearing it was Liam. Someone chuckled on the other side.

"Relax, babe," Kade called. "Just let me in." I did as he said. After he walked in the room, he sat down on the bed. "Why did you run?" he asked raising his eyebrows.

I looked down at my hands. I fiddled with them. "Well, er..." I muttered. "I-I...h-he was..." I looked up at Kade, who was eyeing me with concern.

"No need to cry, babe," he murmured, wiping my cheeks. I never noticed that I was crying until he mentioned it. Now that he had mentioned it, I just felt like crying harder.

"He...he..." I couldn't take it anymore. I burst out crying, tears running down my cheeks. As I sobbed in despair, Kade wrapped his arm around my shoulder, comforting me slightly. I instantly relaxed, sniffling here and there.

"He's the Liam," I finally blurted after a few minutes of silence. Kade growled. He looked about ready to murder, the way his eyes darkened. I sighed. I put my hand on his shoulder, shaking him slightly. This seemed to calm him down.

"It's fine, Kade," I lied. "Let's just go down to meet him, see what he wants, pretend I don't know him, blah blah blah, he's gone."

Kade shook his head. "No, it's not that simple," he murmured. He ran his hand through his hair, giving it a wild bed-head look that was incredibly sexy. I knew he was right. It wouldn't be simple.

"How'd you get in?" I asked curiously. He smiled slyly.

"I climbed through the window down the hall," he replied.

I crossed my arms. "I want special werewolf powers," I huffed. Made smiled, leaning in to kiss me in the cheek.

"Don't worry, love, you'll be fine," he said. "Now, c'mon, Alpha Liam is waiting."

**************************************

So...wazzup?

Vote of I'll sleep for a thousand years!

Comment or I'll die after a thousand years!

Fan or I'll take some of you with me in my never ending slumber! (Lol, jk)