Chapter 15

I fell onto my ass with a loud "oomph". I lay there for a minute, asking myself what had just happened. A thin, wet tongue lapped across my face. I small grin found its way to my face. I giggled despite my pain.

"Hey, buddy!" I squeaked, slowly getting on my knees to look at Dakoto. My backside was throbbing, but I ignored it. I reached out to pet him. His tongue lolled to the side as if he was smiling at me. Next to him was Saskia, her big belly poking out underneath her.

She barked happily, running over to lick my hand. I giggled.

"Are you okay?" Kade asked behind me, amusement on his face. I stuck my tongue out at him, earning a grin in response.

"Yea," I replied, crossing my arms over my chest. "Thanks so much for your help."

Kade chuckled. "Always glad to help, babe," he said, despite my sarcasm. I rolled my eyes, turning back to look at my dogs. "How'd they get here?" I asked, not even turning around to look at my mate. "I mean, it's not like they could've just snifed me out, you know. I mean, they could...but then, did you bring them here?"

"Um, no..."

"They were yours?" Kiki's voice asked as her head peaked from the corner. "Dad and I decided to do a little walking so we found a little hut and those dogs. I was going to bring them to you to see if you wanted 'em, but I guess the case is solved."

I laughed. "Yep, that was my house," I confirmed, watching as Saskia waddled over to Kiki. Kiki bent down to rub behind her head, listening to the quiet rumble of enjoyment in Saskia's chest.

Dakota yipped at me, demanding equal attention. I laughed at his behavior. Whenever Saskia got something that he didn't have, Dakotp would whine and yip at people.

I bent down to rub Dakoto's belly. His eyes seemed to sparkle as he pulled off a dog like grin, if it was even possible. As I continued to rub his belly, in walked my favorite person. Yep. Sarcasm. Justine walked into the room, her hair in a ponytail as she flashed a flirtatious smile towards Kade.

"Hello, Kade," she purred in her overly high pitched voice. "I was looking all over the place for you...you wanna, you know...have some fun? I need to let off some steam...do you?"

I felt a pang of jealousy and an urge to slit her throat. Or decapitate her, either one would work fine. She sent me a smug smirk, before turning her attention back to Kade as if I wasn't there. Kade crossed his arms over his chest as he looked back at her calmly. I was now scratching hard at Dakoto's belly in anger, causing him to whimper. I pulled back my hand, never letting my eyes off of the little slut.

"No, I have a mate Justine," Kade said as calmly as ever.

Justine pouted. "Oh, come on! You've never made love to me!"

My eyes widened when I realized the Kiki was still in the room, watching with wide eyes. She looked like she was going to puke. Oh man. A thirteen year old shouldn't be listening to this, especially a girl. She looked back at me and I pointed towards the door. She nodded quickly, running out of the room in a heartbeat.

"You bitch!" I cried. "Didn't you know there was a thirteen year old in the room?!"

Justine shrugged, looking careless. "So?" she questioned. "She's none of my concern. To me, she's just another little human bitch like you."

"That's it," I growled, lunging at her neck.

She screamed, her arms flailing. Her lips were curved downwards into an ugly position. She looked like a retarded duck. Wow. She really was a weak one. I stepped back, watching as she flailed on the floor as if she was dying. Seriously? I thought I was only a "human bitch", eh, Justine? It was really interesting to watch, really, as she flailed. There was seriously something wrong with her. Talk about drama queen?