Chapter 1

It's been 10 years since I've gone into hiding in a small wooden cabin in Alaska. There was a large lake off to the side, where I learned how to fish when I first got here. There was also massive forest on the other side of the cabin, where I did my hunting. Behind me was just more forest, whereas in front was just snowy plains. I learned how to live like those Indians. It wasn't fun, but it was at least a living.

I should introduce myself. I'm Kelly Sanders, age 28. I have red hair that is as straight as a pencil and baby blue eyes. I decided to live alone because I was scared of what people would do to me. See, 10 years ago, the man that I thought I loved, raped me, abused me, and tried to kill me. So I decided to trust no one. But I'm not entirely alone. I have two dogs.

Dakoto and Saskia. They usually hunt with me, all three of us together, but Saskia is off at home when we hunt. She will be expecting pups soon. So its just Dakoto and I. I found Dakoto as a pup off in te woods alone. His dead mother was found, it seemed as if she had been killed by other wolves. Dakoto took after his mother. He had brown, black, and white fur with silver eyes. However, Saskia had mainly black fur with white spots in random places.

So yea, that's my little family. I have no clue where Saskia came from. She just happened to appear at my doorstep a week after I found Dakoto. So now, on to my present life, shall we?

...

...

...

I sighed, running my hand through the icy lake water. It was just another regular evening, where Dakoto and I would hunt. But there was nothing out to hunt at the moment, plus my storage at home was full. So here I was, lazily running my hand through the water bored out of my mind, when I hear a twig snap.

My head snaps up quickly as I turn to look at Dakoto, who also hears this little sound. "Could be fresh kill, Dakoto.", I whisper into his fur. We inch forward, towards the sound. The sound was getting louder...it was coming closer. Suddenly a very large animal came out. I assumed it was a buck, and prepared to strike, when the animal growled at me.

I took a closer look at it. It was an extremely large wolf. I think. It had a snout...and canines...and paws...and a tail...a wolf. But how was it that large? "Get away from me!", I screamed. Dakoto growled at the wolf. As I took another look at the wolf, I realized that it was looking at me calmly.

What? I must be hallucinating. Wolves don't look at you calmly! Unless you count Dakoto and Saskia, but this wolf! It was as big as me! I continued to stare at it, and it at me. That was, until Dakoto growled and lunged at it. Everything happened in slow mo.

One moment, Dakoto attacks the wolf, only to be flung away, blood covering Dakoto's fur. Then I attacked, angry about my dog being flung so easily. No one messes with my dogs. Then another moment, I see black.

...

...

...

When I came to, everything was bright. I assumed they were lights, and it took me a while to get used to them. I knew that it wasn't my house, because my house didn't have lights. But what was I doing in someone else's house?

"Oh, hey, sweetheart, I see you're up.", a heavenly voice called from above me.

I looked up, only to meet the handsomest guy that ever lived.