Chapter 16

I waited for the fatal blow that would kill me. I waited. I waited some more. Minutes that seemed like hours passed. Nothing came. Finally, I opened my eyes. There was Kade. He had grabbed ahold of Justine's wrist, which was literally a few inches from my chest.

I stared at her well manicured, shiny pink claws. The girl had style, something I'm pretty sure I didn't have. Did I? I blinked at her shaking fingers. They seemed tense. Strained even.

"A-Alpha Kade!" Justine squeaked nervously, a pretty obvious fake smile plastered like glue onto her face. She pulled her hand away from me quickly. "I-I, uh..." she stammered, at loss of words to explain my many wounds and her extended claws.

"Justine," Kade growled. "Meet me at my office, now."

Justine nodded quickly, before scampering off towards Kade's office. Oh my gawd. That was close. Kade turned to me, offering his hand. I took it, my body shaking from the pain. He glanced at my scratches and scowled.

"That bitch will pay," he growled to himself. Then he turned to me. "I'll be back, Kelly. Kyley, Lins! Take care of her for me!"

With that, he walked away, leaving Ky and Lins to help me. Lins was looking at my cuts while Ky was helping Saskia up. "Are you okay, Kelly?" Lins asked with concern etched into her voice. "Damn, I knew Justine was bad, but I didn't know she was that bad."

I tried to smile at her, but it hurt too much. My poor cheek didn't like being stretched. "Ky, take the dog outside," Lins instructed carefully. "I'll take Kelly to the pack doctor, she'll be alright."

"I hope Kade has the sense to kick that slut's ass out of this pack," Ky muttered, before carrying Saskia outside. At first I wondered how she could carry a dog that heavy, but then I remembered, she was a werewolf with freaking werewolf powers.

Someone cleared their throat behind me. I looked behind me. It was that girl I saw at the pool. What was her name? It was Ruby. She smiled at me. "Hey, again, Luna," she said.

This time, I didn't smile at her. I wasn't up for more pain. "Hey," I tried to sound cheerful. "I would smile back, but you know what just happened...and as for Luna, you don't have to call me that. It's just Kelly."

"Oh. Well, uh, are you okay?"

No. "Yea, of course."

She frowned at me. "Are you sure? You really don't seem okay? I mean, you can't even smile."

I chuckled, but it didn't last long before it turned into a pained wince. "No," I admitted. "I'm not okay. I'm in so much pain, Ruby! It even hurts to talk!"

Lins appeared next to me. "Hey, Ruby," she said to her, then turned to me. "Shut up, it'll save you more pain." Ruby let out a bark of laughter.

I scowled at Lins. She could be so much like her sister sometimes. Ruby nodded at me. "Well, I better get going," Ruby said, nodding at me. "Heal up, Kelly. And make sure Alpha does something about that bitch, Lins."

Lins nodded. "Of course!" she exclaimed whilst wringing her hands. "She almost killed my soon-to-be sister, and if Kade doesn't do something about her, I will!"

"Okay, great. Bye guys!"

And she headed up the stairs. "C'mon," Lins said, placing a secure arm around my shoulder and walking me over a series of hallways down until we reached the pack doctor's room. Lins knocked on the door.

"Come in," a raspy, old voice croaked.

Lins opened the door, revealing a rather cluttered room. The walls were buried under heaps of bulletin boards and spidery writing on yellow patched paper. The floor, bed, and desk in the corner was littered with old looking books. There was a single old dell laptop upon the desk.

"Ah, hello Lindsay," an old man with glasses perched on the tip of his nose said. "And...what a lovely young woman. What is your name? I am Dr.Golzales."

I blinked at him. Didn't be notice that I was human? Why wasn't he acting so rude about it? Was he even a werewolf? "I-I...thank you," I said. "I am Kelly Sanders, pleasure to meet you Dr.Gonzales."

"She's our Luna," Lins informed with a small smile in my direction.

Dr.Gonzale grinned in my direction. "With pleasure, Luna," he chuckled. "Ah, and she's a human! A rare case, indeed. But lovely. She seems to possess the qualities of a proper Luna."

I blushed. So he did notice. "Thank you, doctor."

Dr.Gonzales nodded at me. "Such terrible wounds," he muttered to himself. "Come closer, my dear, I can fix this."

**************************************

I'm so tired...

Vote if you love Toby Turner!

Comment if you love superwoman!

Fan if you love communitychannel!